Model Cars Magazine Forum

Stranger things blazer

DZ7581

• 3 months later...

Has there been any more information on this kit?

I look forward to seeing it, out. Been a long time since we got a Light Commercial/ Police subject from Revell.

Like Alberto & Luc, I see lots of potential in thus kit.

Being an all new tool and not having a sample on display, I would guess we will see this in the second half of this year. Kit development takes time and they are probably working to bring these show related kits out at the same time.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I've never watched Stranger Things, but I can't wait to get one of these Blazers, and another flattop VW Van even though I already have one sitting waiting to be built. The Camaro also sounds interesting if it's a new tool or if they retooled the old Monogram based one enough to make it interesting.

On 2/11/2024 at 7:40 PM, oldcarfan said:

I've never watched Stranger Things, but I can't wait to get one of these Blazers, and another flattop VW Van even though I already have one sitting waiting to be built. The Camaro also sounds interesting if it's a new tool or if they retooled the old Monogram based one enough to make it interesting.

The Camaro is going to be a modified reissue of the Monogram kit.

44 minutes ago, Fat Brian said:

It was listed as 24th scale so hopefully it's the Monogram kit.

Most likely. Only Monogram and a hand full of Japanese companies did a 2nd gen Camaro in 1/24.

Wonder if it will have the flat hood like the car on the show. That didn't have a Z-28 hood.

Edited by Can-Con

29 minutes ago, Can-Con said:

Most likely. Only Monogram and a hand full of Japanese companies did a 2nd gen Camaro in 1/24.

Wonder if it will have the flat hood like the car on the show. That didn't have a Z-28 hood.

I believe it was listed as a modified reissue so they'll probably add a flat hood and make sure the decals are correct. 

1 minute ago, Fat Brian said:

I believe it was listed as a modified reissue so they'll probably add a flat hood and make sure the decals are correct. 

If they do put a flat hood in it. I'd say it will make a lot of people happy.

On 2/14/2024 at 8:41 AM, stavanzer said:

Except for the Blazer, I am guessing that all the other kits in this series are slightly re-vamped versions of existing tooling.

The T3 van has one more part in this version than it does as presently reissued. So I suspect that's the roof sign.

• Like 1