Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tor Red Dodge Superbee

Intmd8r

Built this one as a “slump buster” and box stock (aside from the BMF).

This is the Monogram kit released in the early ‘80’s in “Metal Glow Blue”.

My experience with Monogram from this era is synonymous with lots of injection pin markings and excessive flash. This kit was no exception and I had low expectations as result.

Besides standard prep, the only modification I made was to separate the exhaust pipes from the rear axle.

Mopar fans will point out the incorrect parts from the 1:1 and the incomplete decal sheet. I would have liked to see the Superbee decals for the grill and deck lid emblems. I did try to paint the emblem on the grill with a sharpened end of a toothpick.

Paint, clear and engine is by Splash Paint, the chassis and interior is a combination of AlcladII, Tamiya and dollar store acrylic paints.

I’m happy with the results, despite the inaccuracies. Hope you like.

IMG_4445.jpeg

IMG_4446.jpeg

IMG_4448.jpeg

IMG_4449.jpeg

IMG_4453.jpeg

IMG_4452.jpeg

IMG_4456.jpeg

IMG_4457.jpeg

IMG_4451.jpeg

IMG_4447.jpeg

• Like 7

7 hours ago, Hard_2_Handle_454 said:

Looks great. Good color choice, and I'm not just saying that because I drive a Tor red Challenger.  The new kits have the decals for the emblems, btw. 

I agree-the color feels appropriate for this car.

Thanks for the heads up on the latest release. Looks like it is still missing the bench seat and steel wheels though. Guess one could look to the aftermarket to build an accurate model.