Model Cars Magazine Forum

Forum Software Upgraded

Dave Ambrose

I upgraded the forum software this afternoon. I expect this to resolve most, if not all, of the issues we've been having. Please comment here if you encounter anything odd. (besides your fellow forum members 😀)

We've instituted some new anti-spam measures. We'll start approving new accounts again. If you see any obvious spam posts, please report it as spam. This will activate additional measures to stop the spammers.

One of the new measures is automatic post moderation for members with a low number of approved posts. Please don't be alarmed if you encounter this. It should help us a lot in the long run.

All my "activity" has disappeared from my profile page...so there's no way to view reactions without clicking the "notification bell".

EDIT: Looks like it's affected everyone...everyone I've checked so far, anyway.

EDIT 2: Not EVERYONE apparently. Of the ones I've checked "Slusher's" activity still shows on his profile page

EDIT 3: "Activity" can still be accessed by clicking "see their activity"  (or "see my activity" if it's your own page) in the far right of the bar adjacent to the profile pic, so at least the data hasn't disappeared, just one access path.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

35 minutes ago, Len Woodruff said:

No change for me w/ Chrome. Do I have to delete some cookies? I logged out and back in but that didn't help.

Check your profile page to see if your "activity" is still there. Mine's gone except for the last few minutes since I logged on this AM.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

8 hours ago, bobthehobbyguy said:

Thanks for doing the update Dave. Was hoping it would resolve the issues.

Check your profile page to see if your "activity" is still there. Mine's gone except for the last few minutes' posts. Yours appears to be gone if it's more than 8 hours old.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

1 hour ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

Check your profile page to see if your "activity" is still there. From my perspective it's gone except for this post. Mine's gone too.

Yup, gone.

BTW, I'm using Edge for this site. It's the only time I use it. Not a fan of jumping back and forth between browsers.

With the new update I still have the functionality that I had before with Chrome using http.

I suspect the change in the post history is a settings change.

One new feature I like is in the previews there are small thumbnails that show and they load quickly.

Also noticed that when a scan is done there is a message saying it's processing.

I can’t use the site using Bing , problems being pics don’t load/show , can’t reply to any topic other than one I start , activity is gone and site keeps locking up. I’m using Duckduckgo right now so that I can use the site. This way the only issue is activity is still gone 

6 minutes ago, doorsovdoon said:

I haven't experienced any problems with the site since I joined a couple years ago. I use Opera. The only issue I do get sometimes is pictures not loading, but I think that's to do with the file size of the pics the OP's import... and the age of my laptop I'd imagine.

I just checked your "activity" on your profile page. Everything is gone except this post.  :)

• Haha 1

Using Firefox, I still have to right click and select "Open link in New Tab" to see additional pages of a topic.

Lately, I am getting a message that the current page is slowing down Firefox with an option to stop it from loading.

Essentially, I see no changes with Firefox but greatly appreciate the effort.