Model Cars Magazine Forum

My eight 2023 builds

Phildaupho

3 hours ago, Bullybeef said:

Great work on all Phil, I’m really drawn to the lil Toyota, a local friend has one with a 1jz dropped into it with itbs, it just sound angry every time drops the pedal! 

Thanks Bil - I had to google to find out what "1jz dropped into it with itbs " meant. Now I understand why it sounds angry. One of the boys next door bought a Cressida with the inline 6 but he blew it up and it is still sitting in the backyard.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Phildaupho said:

Thanks Bil - I had to google to find out what "1jz dropped into it with itbs " meant. Now I understand why it sounds angry. One of the boys next door bought a Cressida with the inline 6 but he blew it up and it is still sitting in the backyard.

A visual for you 

IMG_7344.jpeg

IMG_7345.jpeg

Hi Phil, hope you are enjoying the holiday season. Another fantastic batch of builds. Love them all, and yes, it is weird that there isn’t a ‘32 Ford in the mix!! I got to see the garage 56 car up close at the final NASCAR race of the season, and it made me think of your model. Always enjoy seeing your builds, there’s almost always great story to go with them which makes them that much more interesting. 

Cheers, Steve

15 hours ago, Oldriginal86 said:

Well done on a wide array of subjects. I don’t build eight models in eight years. Good job.

Thanks Randy. Time to get building !!

7 hours ago, louis Carabott said:

Lovely line up 👍

Thanks Louis

1 hour ago, Steve H said:

Hi Phil, hope you are enjoying the holiday season. Another fantastic batch of builds. Love them all, and yes, it is weird that there isn’t a ‘32 Ford in the mix!! I got to see the garage 56 car up close at the final NASCAR race of the season, and it made me think of your model. Always enjoy seeing your builds, there’s almost always great story to go with them which makes them that much more interesting. 

Cheers, Steve

Greetings Steve - There will definitely be some Deuces this time next year. I am looking forward to what comes off your bench in 2024

2 hours ago, happy grumpy said:

Great collection, a wide range of great looking builds. 

Thanks Mario

46 minutes ago, TransAmMike said:

They all look great Phil but wow  the Willys is awesome.  If you don't mind what was the paint process on the Willys?

👍

Thanks Mike - The paint job was an experiment seeking a Candy Apple Red for a Mazmanian Willys Gasser project. The base is Tamiya Gold topped with a number of coats of Tamiya Clear Red. I have to admit I really liked the result but it was not right for the Mazmanian build on which I ended up using Alclad Kandy Red. When I was looking for a relatively quick build to start 2023 I had that already painted body and the red Willys was the result.

Edited by Phildaupho

3 hours ago, Phildaupho said:

Thanks Mario

Thanks Mike - The paint job was an experiment seeking a Candy Apple Red for a Mazmanian Willys Gasser project. The base is Tamiya Gold topped with a number of coats of Tamiya Clear Red. I have to admit I really liked the result but it was not right for the Mazmanian build on which I ended up using Alclad Kandy Red. When I was looking for a relatively quick build to start 2023 I had that already painted body and the red Willys was the result.

Thank you Phil, beautiful red and build. 

22 hours ago, happy grumpy said:

Great collection, a wide range of great looking builds. 

19 hours ago, Koellefornia Kid said:

Nice builds! I love the paint on that Wllys!

3 hours ago, TooOld said:

Beautiful builds Phil ! They all look awesome , especially the Willys and the Tractor !

1 hour ago, Horrorshow said:

Great collection!

Thanks everybody. Much appreciated

22 hours ago, bogger44 said:

Excellent group, Phil!  

Thanks Tony

18 hours ago, M W Elky said:

They all look great however that VW camper is really something. We had VW vans in our family business to deliver flowers in when I was a kid .👍👍

Thanks Michael - The VW camper was built from the excellent Revell of Germany snap together kit. I appropriately built it will I was camping. There is also a standard van available which you could build as a replica of your family business flower delivery van.

12 hours ago, Varen said:

For the garage 56 camaro. Did you scratch build the winglet or are they printed and have 3d files somewhere? Would love to build one, that car was great to watch race. 

Michael - The winglets and some other parts were 3D printed by Jim Rogers the JR in Salvino JR Check out my WIP for more info