Model Cars Magazine Forum

MG TC 1948 ....Minicraft 1/16 scale

louis Carabott

Really enjoyed this build....I really am in love with classic cars. Needed a lot of work

especially the engine and the fire wall. Weather piping all from scratch using soldering 

lead wire , painted and worked into shape. Finished in Gravity paint and lacquer in Ferrari Avorio and Ford Maroon

next on the bench Jaguar SS100 also in 1/16 scale

Thanks for looking

1704803272816 (1).jpg

1704803272792 (1).jpg

1704803272803.jpg

1704803272809.jpg

1704803272826.jpg

1704803272836.jpg

1704803272846.jpg

1704803272856.jpg

1704803272866.jpg

1704803272876.jpg

1704803584677.jpg

1704803613605 (1).jpg

• Like 5

A really lovely model build of this old British sports car.

For those who do not know, Louis a number of years back was awarded Overall IPMS UK National Champion for one of his fantastic wartime dioramas that are now on permanent display at the Malta Air Museum.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Bugatti Fan said:

A really lovely model build of this old British sports car.

For those who do not know, Louis a number of years back was awarded Overall IPMS UK National Champion for one of his fantastic wartime dioramas that are now on permanent display at the Malta Air Museum.

Thank You Sir for your kind comments 🙏

When I was like 14 I read The Red Car by Don Standford and I have been in love with the TC since then.  My grandson who is now 21 has read the book at least twice and I have read it maybe like 3-4 times.  I have yet to build any of the TC kits out there.  This is such a nice build.  You really did a great job.    

• Like 1

On 1/10/2024 at 7:51 AM, drodg said:

When I was like 14 I read The Red Car by Don Standford and I have been in love with the TC since then.  

Ditto!  As a pre-teen and teen, I always hoped to have my own one day.  I admired Warren Weith's writings in Car & Driver magazine, and he drove a TC! 

Then I learned how temperamental and difficult the MG T-series cars were -- and how expensive to maintain. End of desire to own, but the overall love affair lives on!

Beautiful build!!!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Danno said:

Ditto!  As a pre-teen and teen, I always hoped to have my own one day.  I admired Warren Weith's writings in Car & Driver magazine, and he drove a TC! 

Then I learned how temperamental and difficult the MG T-series cars were -- and how expensive to maintain. End of desire to own, but the overall love affair lives on!

Beautiful build!!!

That's the beauty of models.  You don't have to worry about that stuff.  

I love The Red Car as a kid, and I have a Monogram TC in my stash.  No surprise what colour that one's going to me.

• Like 1