Model Cars Magazine Forum

56 Chevy Del Ray

Watertown

This has been on the bench idle since late summer, however, was able to wrap it up quickly to bring to NNL West yesterday. Kit is Revell's most recent offering. With the exception of parts box wheels and tires, this was built straight from the box. I enjoyed the kit, and felt it was decently engineered. 
Tamiya Paint: TS-92 Metallic Orange, followed by TS-73 Clear orange, and final clear using TS-13. All feedback warmly received.

RtFront.jpg

Right Rear.jpg

Left side.jpg

Undercarriage.jpg

Engine.jpg

Edited by Watertown
  • Like 12

Beautiful looking paint colors and finish. Clean body trim. Like the stance and the wheel choice. I'm also a big fan of this kit and '56 Chevys in general and have built a few. My family had a 210 4-door when I was in school, and I think has always been an influence in my liking them. 

• Like 1

Very clean and well built. Love it!

Right colors, right wheels - over the last several decades, there have been a couple of 1956 210 Chevrolets on the street around here with that combination.  Brings back memories of seeing them on the road.  Way too cool.

• Like 1

Delicious!  Anyone know if there was ever a 1955 Delray issued?  I made one, more or less satisfactory, from a '56 center section and '55 front and rear sections, but it was too much like work.  Trying to build one of all my significant rides from the day!

My first car in 1961 was a Delray coupe with all the current stuff: full-moons, lakes pipes, hot 265, stick with real 'Vette floor-shift complete with plate, pattern, and ashtray, and pinstriped by the famous 'Coop'!  Out of my life in '63 for college money; the draft board was on my heels -- and they got me anyway in '68!  Oh well...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, W Humble said:

Delicious!  Anyone know if there was ever a 1955 Delray issued?  I made one, more or less satisfactory, from a '56 center section and '55 front and rear sections, but it was too much like work.  Trying to build one of all my significant rides from the day!

My first car in 1961 was a Delray coupe with all the current stuff: full-moons, lakes pipes, hot 265, stick with real 'Vette floor-shift complete with plate, pattern, and ashtray, and pinstriped by the famous 'Coop'!  Out of my life in '63 for college money; the draft board was on my heels -- and they got me anyway in '68!  Oh well...

Thanks, James!

To respond to your question, I owned a '55 back in the late 90s. Providing a picture of the 1:1 car, as well as the 1:25 recreation I did of it using the AMT Bel Air Sedan kit. It required abbreviating the body crease on the front fenders, and elimination of the stainless trim from the front of each of the doors, but otherwise no real differences/modifications.

470813_3700222659041_1041877415_o.jpg

403618653_IMG_3037(3).jpeg.39e3bd8f5775fe3a03b16e16cd1c02fa.jpg