Model Cars Magazine Forum

News from Nuremberg:Tamiya Giuilia Sprint GTA is back!

Never had this one, but certainly looking forward to getting one.

3 hours ago, Justin Porter said:

Hugely excited the Giulia is coming back. It's a jewel of a kit and I'll look forward to building it once again.

Do you think it will do well in your store?

18 hours ago, Chuck Kourouklis said:

Pretty sure that's the one.  Haven't built mine yet, but it's a stunner just as it sits unbuilt in the box.

VERY pleased.  Any other news from Nuremberg?

They're also reissing the Abarth 695SS version of the Fiat 500. Also a Clear Bodied version of their 300SL.

For a show they have been dropping a new tool at for the past several years this go around was a major snooze-fest. I guess there's always hope for a Shizouka announcement...otherwise we're waiting until Fall for anything new.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Spottedlaurel said:

Never had this one, but certainly looking forward to getting one.

Do you think it will do well in your store?

Oh definitely! The Tamiya classic sports car reissues have been strong sellers because they're fun builds of desirable subjects and generally Tamiya has kept the MSRP on these reissues to under $40. Case in point, the little Fiat 500F that just came back to shelves I was able to hang a shelf price of $26 on. That's a lower price than most of the Revell catalog, let alone Round 2. So builders who aren't strictly interested in classic American cars are getting nicer kits at lower prices. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Justin Porter said:

Oh definitely! The Tamiya classic sports car reissues have been strong sellers because they're fun builds of desirable subjects and generally Tamiya has kept the MSRP on these reissues to under $40. Case in point, the little Fiat 500F that just came back to shelves I was able to hang a shelf price of $26 on. That's a lower price than most of the Revell catalog, let alone Round 2. So builders who aren't strictly interested in classic American cars are getting nicer kits at lower prices. 

That's really good news, for you and your customers.

I was pleased to see Hiroboy already have it listed here for pre-order, £32.98 on the Alfa and £24.98 for the 695SS (same as the 500F).

Super excited for this one. I have one already in the stash, but too scared to build. Now I'd like to build a couple of different colours/versions of this. Hopefully with the availability of the kit the after-market will create some PE detail sets. Now all we need is the return of the Tamiya GTV.