Model Cars Magazine Forum

68 GTO

yellowsportwagon

New release 68 I remember a 68 looking just like this minus the big wheels in my hometown. I don’t think a red vinyl was a factory option . But tons of aftermarket vinyls were installed back then. Anyways I always thought the triple red was cool.

IMG_1870.jpeg

IMG_1871.jpeg

IMG_1873.jpeg

IMG_1874.jpeg

Edited by yellowsportwagon
  • Like 17

I remember reading somewhere some time ago that 1968 was the heyday of auto manufacturers selling cars with vinyl top. Almost anytime  you Google a 68 year model there are several OE versions with vinyl top.

Once again a great build and always look forward to seeing what comes next. Now if I can only get my "engine" started and catch up with ya!

Great looking GTO. While I didn't have a vinyl roof on any of my cars at the time, they sure were popular. As for the roof color, as you mentioned it could just as easily have been something added after the fact as that was a popular thing to do. Like the clean looking body trim and the stance. The wheels are very eye catching.