Model Cars Magazine Forum

1971 Dodge Demon ( or worse than one Demon)

satterwhite78

Seems nobody flinched when Dodge introduced  the Hellcat but in 1971 church groups got in a uproar when Dodge debut the Dodge Demon.

Bad enough the younger generation drove like Hell but when driving a Demon, it just seem to reinforce a bad habit. Fronted by a playful caricature,  church groups failed to see the humor of Dodge's advertising. Lasting only two years,  Chrysler exercised the Demon to Automotive obscurity......or did it?

A great kit! A little figity when installing the chassis to the body. The decals are thicker than normal and have a excess clear border around the stripes.  I personally would recommend trimming as close to the stripe to have a better finished result. 

Trim in MM Go Mango Lacquer #28106 to simulate the Dodge EV2 Paint code of Hemi Orange.  And a bonus!

A resin body Demon from Bandit Resins I purchased a few years back using a 75/76 Dodge Dart as a donor.

20240210_112603.jpg

20240210_112647.jpg

20240210_112702.jpg

20240210_112726.jpg

20240210_112807.jpg

20240210_112751.jpg

20240210_112820.jpg

20240210_112845.jpg

• Like 8

19 minutes ago, Hard_2_Handle_454 said:

Looks beautiful.  When I did mine I considered doing it in Hemi Orange before settling on Sublime.  I'm thinking of getting another Challenger kit to do a 71 conversion in Hemi Orange.  After seeing your car in that color I think it'll be a good choice.

THAT Green was my 1st choice! but you did a much better job.  Looking at my collection I try to vary/ mix things up and when I was looking at my cabinets all I saw was green.  When I looked on the other side.........that's right, orange! but the paint was already applied and it looks great to me!

Great looking paint color and finish. The stripes and Demon trim look good. Don't you wish you could buy something like this today at a price comparable to its market price at that time? 

Nice pair Charles!

Speaking of censorship, I still remember radio stations bleeping out the word 'bloody' (even though in the context it wasn't a swear word) when they played the song 'Snoopy vs The Red Baron' by The Royal Guardsmen.

• Like 1

Good looking builds.  So my parents and our family were very regular attenders at a fairly conservative church when I was growing up.  When I was 17 in 1974 I bought a 1972 Dodge Demon that took me from there to marriage etc. Anyhow my mom and dad could have cared less it was called a Demon.  Actually I never hear any of this about people complaining about the name until years later.  Again great builds.