Model Cars Magazine Forum

Replicas & Miniatures Co of Maryland

5 hours ago, bobss396 said:

One problem, I'm not on FB...

Try the link.  Facebook is nothing more than a website.  I would attach the PDF file except this forum does not allow those types of attachments.  If you are still not sure or just not a fan FB send me a message with your email and I can send you the PDF price list.

On 2/22/2024 at 5:23 AM, Claes Ericsson said:

Any vendor(s) out there that carries (part of) Reps product line? When Norm dropped the VISA/MC payment option, only allowing domestic MO's, it became a bit more difficult to order, living in Sweden. Any help appreciated.

Claes Ericsson

This is sad news as I was about to place an order. I live in New Zealand so getting MO's are an issue

18 hours ago, vamach1 said:

Try the link.  Facebook is nothing more than a website.  I would attach the PDF file except this forum does not allow those types of attachments.  If you are still not sure or just not a fan FB send me a message with your email and I can send you the PDF price list.

Thanks, I will try FB later on.

Edit: No dice, sent you a message with my email. I appreciate it.

Edited by bobss396

Catalogue sent via email to those that sent a PM.  Thanks for posting here Gerry.  As for shipping I do not think Norm handles a lot of small orders so on a $120 order that is ten percent.  No worries about sales tax.  I have been lucky to buy a lot of his parts and kits from HRM in person at MAMA meetings or NNL shows.  He was also at the ACME show last year with his entire product line.  So many resin casters have gone by the wayside and Norm is still at it 30+ years with how know how many thousands of satisfied customers.

I am replying a little late today as I was at a car show all in Davie FL. Here is a picture for attention.

I am sure you all know that is NOT Norman next to me.

IMG_6012.jpeg

Edited by vamach1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, TransAmMike said:

Whoa, 12 bucks shipping?🤔

If you're going to order from Norm, you might as well make it a big one.

Buy 12 items, that's only a buck a piece for shipping. Can't get a rate like that anywhere else on the planet.

Besides...his stuff is absolutely the best in the business, and it's not going to be around forever.

• Like 2

Just to relate what kind of person Norm is, he contacted me recently when he read my write up on Custom 48 Ford.  In that, I had mentioned the grilles being rubbery.  He wanted to know about any other problems there may have been and see about digging out the mold to recast.  This was on a product that is almost 30 years old.

I have interacted with him for years, but never actually met him.  Yet, he was willing to try to help out because of who he is.  I declined the offer as I have found out that the grille is very similar to a 41 Lincoln.  I happen to have an unbuilt Monogram kit on the shelf and, sure enough, with some surgery it can be made to work.  The Monogram kit is now a parts kit (everything there but the grilles).

I have scads of his product, including the Ferrari pieces he did years back.  And I will continue to order from him until the day he decides to hang it up.  A GENTLEMAN, pure and simple.

• Like 4

Norm is an awesome guy!  One of the nicest people I have ever dealt with.

Years back he did offer full detail engine kits for Ferrrari 250s. Awesome mutimedia kits (he included fuel lines an ignition wire.  I was bummed out when he stopped offering them, but I can see why as those looked to be very time-intensive to produce.

He also sold excellent sports  cars steering wheels.  Real  wood rim and photoetched center. Perfect for Ferraris.  Too bad those are no longer offered, but again, I can see how they would have been difficult to make.  Then there are the photoetched "wizard Os" and Ferrari scripts. Also not listed in the current catalog.

As for shipping, have you tried to send anything through the Post Office lately? If you haven't check the limited choices of services and prices.  $12 to me is totally reasonable!  Some of you guys still live in the '80s, or use amazon prime!  Not a fair comparison!

Edited by peteski

I've known Norm for over 20 years, he used to come out to the LIARS show but hasn't been out for a while. I would place orders to pick up at shows he attends, a very easy guy to deal with and his wife is a doll. Like us, he's not getting any younger and I appreciate what he does for the hobby.

• Like 1