Model Cars Magazine Forum

32 Ford Hot Rod Monogram

Silvercreeker

1932 Ford Monogram Hot Rod is done and in the case.  This is the kit that everyone was getting at Ollies for about 12 bucks.  I figured I would give the kit some much deserved upgrades. The color is Mission Model Iridescent Turquoise and their clear coat. The wheels and tires are from the Revell 29 Model A.  The convertible uptop is from Drag City Casting as is the stock fire wall.  I had to have a Ford Motor in a Ford so the small block chevy was out and a Flathead Ford went in, with VCG Resins 2 barrel Autolite carb, Cadillac air cleaner, Iceman Collections Navarro Heads, alternator, and coil, Scale Model Garage flex fan and detail masters spark plug wires and fittings. A Parts by Parks aluminum Oil Filter and distributor were added.  Iceman front Buick brakes and VCG Resins rear drum brakes. In the interior there is a new release VCG resins chain steering wheel (very cool), and doorknob shifter, and Ken’s fuzzy fur turquoise carpet. Custom headers and aluminum exhaust tips round it out. I do love the early Ford Hot Rods and this color combo make this stand out on the shelf.  Enjoy.

IMG_9299.jpeg

IMG_9300.jpeg

IMG_9301.jpeg

IMG_9302.jpeg

IMG_9305.jpeg

IMG_9304.jpeg

IMG_9303.jpeg

IMG_9306.jpeg

IMG_9308.jpeg

IMG_9307.jpeg

IMG_9309.jpeg

IMG_9310.jpeg

IMG_9311.jpeg

IMG_9312.jpeg

IMG_9313.jpeg

IMG_9314.jpeg

IMG_9315.jpeg

IMG_9316.jpeg

• Like 12

Great looking hot rod. Love the addition of the flathead. Only thing worse then a Chevy engine in a classic Ford, is a Ford engine in a classic Chevy...LOL

Beautiful work... Cheers from Nova Scotia...