Model Cars Magazine Forum

'67 Dodge Charger

espo

This is the Revell '67 Charger as a day 2 car. The suspension has been slightly lowered front and rear. Used the kits wheels with slightly wider tires. Some minor trim removed. The paint is Tamiya TE89 Pearl Blue and TS72 Clear Blue and TS65 Pearl Clear. The trim is all done with Bare-Metal Foil. Both front and rear bumpers have been brought closer to the body and the grill was also set into the body. The interior is done with TS58 Pearl Lt.Blue and semi-gloss clear. The carpet is done with Fuzzy Fur and chrome trim is all foiled. The windows are tinted with a couple of light coats of TS72 Clear Blue.   The engine is lightly detailed with spark plug wires, dist., and heater hoses. Removed the chrome from the valve covers and painted them a semi-gloss black. Great kit with no fitment issues.   

IMG_2186.jpg

IMG_2185.jpg

IMG_2187.jpg

IMG_2188.jpg

IMG_2182.jpg

• Like 14

A very nice and neat build David. I like how the light pearl blue looks on the interior. Glad that I've seen this post since I have a partial can of that color left that would be sufficient for an interior. 

• Thanks 1

On 3/27/2024 at 4:58 PM, Yeah Nah said:

Turned out great David! Like to see more pics of the interior if you have any. 

Hi Garry, Glad you liked the interior. I have a couple of pictures before installing the interior.  I see I was lazy about blending the joint between the front and back of the seats. Can't really see it from the outside looking in now. 

IMG_2175.jpg

IMG_2174.jpg

• Like 3

18 hours ago, TopherMcGinnis said:

BEAUTIFUL! 😍😍😍😍😍😍 Awesome details!

I have a huge soft spot for these cars.

20220604_191532.jpg

I can see why. I think they are finally seeing the appreciation that they deserve. The styling in '66 and '67 was a little out of the norm and when the '68 Chargers arrived they just got all of the attention. 

• Like 1