Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moebius 1968 Mercury M100 Announcement

Hello All,

Well, time to unleash the giant kaiju beaver we've been keeping tucked away for a bit now, and take a little trip to the GWN, eh?

Here's a project that's been ticking over in the back of my head for a few years now.  I blame Jalopnik really.

Coming soon to the Moebius Models range, is kit # 2740, a 1968 Mercury M100 Pickup.  Retail price will be $35.99

Final box art still being finished up, so here's a little vision of what I'm sure Canada looks like.

Enjoy!

Erik Solie

Moebius Models

Announcement.jpg

Chrome Revised.jpg

Hubcaps Revised.jpg

Mercury Badges.jpg

Mercury Hood.jpg

Mercury Sprue.jpg

• Like 15

20 minutes ago, Erik Solie said:

Final box art still being finished up, so here's a little vision of what I'm sure Canada looks like.

Just make this the box art!

Although, it's missing both a moose and a Tim Hortons.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Fabrux said:

Judging by the centre caps is it safe to assume that both RWD and 4x4 versions are forthcoming? 🤞🤞🤞

These are the replacement hubcaps on the regular chrome sprue, and will be showing up on other Ford pickups as they get re-run.  We put the 4X4 fronts on there to give people the choice, even though they are not specifically for the Mercury.

• Like 1

It's probably not something I will buy, but I have a lot of appreciation for the fact that your company is tooling up a new variant of this kit. It's such a great, relatively cheap way to maximize the potential of an existing mold.

• Like 1

I love seeing the CF-105 Avro Arrow in the cartoon!

I really like the Mercury Truck.

Alberto, Maybe you can build a Prototype Mercury CHP Heavy Enforcement Unit from 1968. Be a nice Whiffer!

• Like 2

I like this one, in honor of the folks up North, will paint it Red & Green, it may not be handsome but the paint is handy....🤣

Truck should be RCMP...Really Cool Mercury Pickup........(insert rimshot here)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

31 minutes ago, 1930fordpickup said:

A Very nice nod to our brothers to the north. 

Now I hope it has a Sass Jordan and Rush along with other Canadian rocker bumper sticker included.

I'd go with this one but they'd have to include several little 1/25 cases of Jack for in the back. 😁

[BTW, that's not a slam, they were my favorite band and I regret never seeing them live before Doug passed.]

image.png.77913aa02db52b426373622479c409c1.png

• Like 2

On 3/27/2024 at 3:26 PM, PintoKING said:

Would be nice if the hood and tailgate and grill and Mercury parts would be available separately.

MAD resin did a tailgate and emblems for the 65/66 trucks; the gate works on the 67/68 mercs as well. Grills are the same as Fords for all sixties Mercs; here's a great chance to improve the existing 68/69 grill and make it less toylike.

69grl.jpg.fc99698db7da8b8610ebab454d861a2f.jpg

On 3/28/2024 at 7:02 AM, Motor City said:

That's really cool and the last year of production. 🍁

Production on those ended in the late spring of 1968... here's a good link for info: https://www.fordification.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=35331

Edited by mk11