Model Cars Magazine Forum

"Model On" & Snake-Fu

Posted (edited)

I always appreciated Snake's honesty when it came to the critiques and opinions he offered.

I'll miss that.

I'll miss him.

May his family and close friends find some peace and comfort in the days ahead.

Model on Snake!

Wherever you are.

David G.

Edited by David G.
typo
  • Like 5

Astonishing news. This is depressing. I once even posted a thread acknowledging his contributions that keep this forum talking and buzzing. I could conceivably see activity here dropping slightly in the wake of his absence. RIP.

• Like 1

Don’t be sad because he’s gone; be glad because we had him. This community is bigger than any individual member, but this community is what it is BECAUSE of every member who contributes. @Snake45 was one of those guys who make this place, this place. I’m sorry to see him go, and condolences to his family. But remember him with fondness, ask yourself “What would @Snake45 do? And then think REALLY HARD about whether you’d want to do the same. Whatever the answer, participate…

best,

M.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, Matt Bacon said:

Don’t be sad because he’s gone; be glad because we had him. This community is bigger than any individual member, but this community is what it is BECAUSE of every member who contributes. @Snake45 was one of those guys who make this place, this place. I’m sorry to see him go, and condolences to his family. But remember him with fondness, ask yourself “What would @Snake45 do? And then think REALLY HARD about whether you’d want to do the same. Whatever the answer, participate…

best,

M.

Thank you so very much!!  ...for saying exactly what I wished to have said!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

My condolences to his family.  It just occurred to me about a week ago that I hadn't seen him post recently.  He was a huge part of this forum, and previously on the Scale Auto Magazine forum.

Here is a tutorial he did on improving the AMT '68 Camaro:

He originally posted this on the SA Forum, then recreated it when he joined here.  Good example of his modeling style: Great improvements through relatively simple modifications.

Edited by Robberbaron
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Robberbaron said:

My condolences to his family.  It just occurred to me about a week ago that I hadn't seen him post recently.  He was a huge part of this forum, and previously on the Scale Auto Magazine forum.

Here is a tutorial he did on improving the AMT '68 Camaro:

He originally posted this on the SA Forum, then recreated it when he joined here.  Good example of his modeling style: Great improvements through relatively simple modifications.

This is the EXACT post of his that I remember the most.  Fair winds and following seas.😔

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Matt Bacon said:

Don’t be sad because he’s gone; be glad because we had him. This community is bigger than any individual member, but this community is what it is BECAUSE of every member who contributes. @Snake45 was one of those guys who make this place, this place. I’m sorry to se.e him go, and condolences to his family. But remember him with fondness, ask yourself “What would @Snake45 do? And then think REALLY HARD about whether you’d want to do the same. Whatever the answer, participate…

So very true. 

We can continue his legacy to the board by dragging a long term project over the finish line or getting some modeling done,

• Like 2

Snake was an original. I am just learning of his journey and will say his presence will be sorely missed.

Ever sober and always honest. The way anyone who has integrity should conduct themselves.

Model on Snake...

• Like 1

😞...As many I have never personal meant Snake but have had a limited number of interactions here on the forum with him since I joined. Always a Nice guy! It is always sad to lose a member of any community but this is not the end for snake.. He will become a Legacy here and looked up to as a fine example we can all expire to also achieve. 🙏 RIP for our newest Model Guardian Angle may you watch over all of us and lead us to discover our hidden potentials... Mike

• Like 2