Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Older TV show's need to be put to rest already??

Seem's some channels love to show repeats of older show's but don't change them out after so long. 

Heroes & Icon's : Walker texas ranger, SG1, MacGyver (og), Nash Bridges. Seen them from season 1 till the final over 3 time's now.

Laff: Home Improvement, According to Jim, AND that 70's show Again seen these several times repeatedly.

Any  other forum members that have had their fill of seeing any Older tv show's being repeated everyday, several times a day, for the last 2 or more years?????

Unfortunately the older programming is costs little compared to newer programming.

It would take a lot of customers canceling with the reason of recycled programming to get the providers attention. As long as people are willing to pay it's what you are going to get,

Posted (edited)

Got a smart TV and multiple streaming services. There's always something on I haven't seen before.

If I don't want to see it I don't watch it, simple as that. 

Is someone holding you captive and forcing you to watch these shows, Rick? [blink once for yes, twice for no]😉

Edited by Can-Con
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Can-Con said:

you to watch these shows,

It's my roommate really, he hogs the remote most of the time! My room has a tv but I only get four channel's ( cbs,Ion, Laff, and cant remember the other. Watch DVD's (listen to them mostly) and do hobby related things.

1 hour ago, ranma said:

It's my roommate really, he hogs the remote most of the time! My room has a tv but I only get four channel's ( cbs,Ion, Laff, and cant remember the other. Watch DVD's (listen to them mostly) and do hobby related things.

I get ya. The lovely Mrs. Can-Con has it on Big Bang all the time for background noise. It's not that I don't like the show or don't find it funny but I've seen every episode at least 6 times. 🙄

I pulled the cable about 2 years ago. I lost being able  to watch all my racing and car shows. Got a free TV channel box to pick up all the dozen or so local free on air stuff. Quit watching that after few months in in spite of having TiVo. After the TV not getting turned on even once over the last 5-6 months, I just unplugged everything to quit wasting electricity. Between a full time job, my wife's ever expanding garden, my 1:1 hobby car and occasional kit bashing, I have moved on to Youtube and all its vices.

I just got the cheapest Netflix package, $6.99 a month. Regular cable has garbage on it. I never watched any sit-coms after 1973. I went 10 years without a TV. Good times.

I don't watch a lot of tv. And outside of hockey and curling, I can't recall the last time I watched network television.

We have a few streaming services, because of course the few shows we do want to watch are all on different services.

Ah well.

Only a hand full of programs that I even have an interest in seeing, and even those are reruns half the time it seems. The commercials are insult your Inteligent's and after seeing them over and over there are a few jingles I can't get out of my head.  Other than modeling I spend most of my idle time watching You Tube. The only way I can watch the European Rally Racing. 

I pretty much only stream and am selective w/ what I watch...  I like Apple TV+, various channels on Prime (Acorn, BritBox, MhZ, PBS Masterpiece, Paramount+, etc) and occasionally Netflix and Hulu. I like YouTube for music and music documentaries, along w/ a bunch of automotive channels. 

We got rid of cable about 5 years ago. Although we do have an antenna to pick up broadcast TV. But I primarily stream Netflix (the only one I pay for), Tubi and YouTube although I do have a number of free movie apps to watch too.

Mainstream TV is set up to appeal to the masses who like soaps, rubbish reality shows, and cheaply produced contests. But sometimes produces good drama to watch to be fair.

Want to watch popular sports and it now costs an arm and a leg to view. The English Premier League is a good example of extracting the maximum amount of cash from any one who wants to view complete games of football on TV. The pay per view sports channels are adept at emptying one's pocket to watch F1, Golf or whatever.

Got rid of cable 6 months ago and do not miss it at all. I do have a digital antenna (with DVR) for a few shows I still watch but it's not much, (The Neighbor Hood and FBI for sure). Of course have streaming (Netflix, Discovery Plus, Britbox (for my Mom to share) and the F1 channel. And have hundreds of VHS, DVD's and Blu-ray's. As far as reruns I buy DVD/Blu-ray sets of shows I watch over and over. Uncut and no commercials plus I love the tons of extras. 

On 5/8/2024 at 6:50 AM, slusher said:

my cable is going to bite the dust this month"..

Not going to be far behind you.

Rates keep climbing and they keep taking things away although seems we only watch 3 or 4 channels, mostly ones that show the old shows. and stream some of those on Tubi, Plex and freevee.