Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Amber Queen

Bryce

This is the old AMT kit – nosed, decked, frenched and shaved. I added custom side trim, cruiser skirts, dummy spots, a tube grill and twin aerials out the back. I also did a bit of filling up around the front wheel arches just to keep the peak going around the corner past the headlights and to make the lines a bit more smooth and flowing. The wheels are from the ’57 T-bird kit but the rest is pretty much out of the kit.

IMG_6223.jpg

IMG_6221.jpg

IMG_6219.jpg

IMG_6215.jpg

IMG_6214.jpg

IMG_6217.jpg

IMG_6227.jpg

IMG_6224.jpg

IMG_6090.jpg

Thanks for all the nice comments - your words are much appreciated.

What colors did you use on that?

The colour scheme was a bit of an evolution. I started with some copper acrylic lacquer. That looked a little boring so I tried some Tamiya clear orange over the top but it looked a bit brown. So then I used some leftover Testor's One Coat 'fiery orange'. That stuff has loads of flake in it and gives a nice custom look. Then I top coated that with Tamiya clear orange for a bit of a candy effect. It's still a bit brown for my taste, but I can live with it.

The cream colour is just an auto lacquer rattle can.

Thanks again to everyone for the nice comments.

Edited by Bryce

Hey Bryce,

Add me to the fan club too, just about the nicest build of that car I have ever seen, and the paint just came out great, looks just right!! Sometimes messing around with paint can give you something super cool like this, you did a great job. Thanks for posting!!

Mike