Model Cars Magazine Forum

1962 Chevrolet Impala

Erik Smith

Ahhh...A finished model.

Revell made a fantastic kit with their 1962 Impala and it builds into a fantastic model.

Here is mine:

Out of the Box "plus"

Body is Duplicolor Light Champagne Metallic with Krylon Crystal Clear.

1962ChevroletImpala016.jpg

1962ChevroletImpala024.jpg

1962ChevroletImpala023.jpg

1962ChevroletImpala022.jpg

1962ChevroletImpala021.jpg

1962ChevroletImpala013.jpg

1962ChevroletImpala012.jpg

1962ChevroletImpala011.jpg

IMG_4684_edited-1.jpg

Really no issues with the construction of this kit - other than my own blunders. I had to redo the rear bumper/tailight area a couple times. My original intent was to just dull coat the area above the bumper. I messed that up twice and had to strip the whole thing to bare plastic. I then painted the upper portion with Alclad Aluminum, masked off for the bumper, and sprayed that with Alclad Chrome, and some BMF for the trim.

Thanks for looking!

Edited by Coyotehybrids

I like these X-Frame Chevys. This one looks good, it's sometimes great to see one which is not a bubble top. In 1:1 bubbletops are better, but in scale that thing is different. Model looks good, paintjob is great and color fits well. I like the wheels and tires, engine is looking also great, detailing is simply amazing with this. Keep going, I'm enjoying of these, I have one glue bomb '62 Bel Air, I must take that one to my table, when I decide, what I'm going to build from it.

Guest Johnny

Made me flash back to 62'! Had a next door neighbor bought a two door sedan Belair that color and not wanting to be out matched the guy the other side of him traded his 61 Impala on a 2 door hardtop Impala that same color!!:lol: (I liked his White over Blue 61' bubble top better!)

Sweet looking 62"!B)