Model Cars Magazine Forum

1 minute ago, Brudda said:

I love all brands. Not a one brand guy. Wife drives a Toyota Sequoia, daughter drivers a Explorer. The only problem is that every month there is a registration due. I guess it’s a nice problem to have. 

Yeah I'm the same way, although I would say Toyota is my favorite.I have a toyota, chev, plymouth and ford right now. In the past I've had lots of different brands of car. 

3 hours ago, markbt73 said:

Here are mine...

1971 MGB GT, 19,700 original miles, was a Hawaii car, sat for many years, slowly fixing it up - currently undergoing a complete re-wire

2019-09-02_01-44-06

My first car was a 71 B GT in that color! Sadly, I totaled it less than a year later.

My current toy is a 2004 Mazdaspeed Miata. I’ve since switched to lighter aftermarket wheels.

0mA4HCZ.jpg

Ben

Dragged this out into the sunlight on the weekend...

The 24 year old paint is needing some attention, and has a few rust bubbles popping out around the rear window, so it's due for some attention this year.

I daily drove this bug through the months betwixt snow seasons for 6 or 7 years. Most fun car I've ever owned. Slowest, too. ;)

Don't think we've put more than a couple hundred miles on it in the last 10 years.

daily driver.jpg

8 hours ago, Dave Van said:

Did same with two of my hobby cars. Checked everything and went for a ride. Then put them both away as no shows........

Cool Toyota! Janet Guthrie started racing in one of those! 

6646YARD1.JPG

Great looking Mustang, Dave!

7 hours ago, markbt73 said:

Here are mine...

1971 MGB GT, 19,700 original miles, was a Hawaii car, sat for many years, slowly fixing it up - currently undergoing a complete re-wire

2019-09-02_01-44-06

1989 Chevy K1500 4x4, ex-USFS, 4.3 V6 and 3 speed + granny manual (still need to take some better photos of this beast)

20190227_180054

1966 Aristocrat Land Commander trailer. We just got this before all this coronavirus stuff went down. Haven't even had a chance to use it yet.

87153954_10219100837383735_621362002568151040_o.jpg.8c12f6728c562fa729d387cbdb06afc7

I also have an ugly little old Toyota Corolla just for commuting, but it's not what you'd call photogenic...

Nice MGB GT! A teacher I had in grade school had a British racing green one. It was the car that got me hooked on British sports cars at a young age.

Although my wife is not into model car I am very lucky that she is into (and very skilled in) vintage cars. The 57 Cadillac is her's and she has 100's of hours in the resto.

I took the 68 Coronet convertible to prom (back in the 80's) and a friend in high school had the 71 GTO which he sold me about 15 years ago.

71 GTO & 57 Cadillac - smaller.jpg

68 Coronet 500.JPG

57front.JPG

1964 Fury Convertible, restored in 1992 and keep in good shape..DRIVE to shows..Many trips(10) to Minneapolis Mopars in Park and done quite well with awards..Sioux Falls too about (8)  Hard to keep clean now with my age and dexterity..Put on about 45,000 miles since done..440 CuIn cloned to look like 426 Street Wedge..Did have some judges fooled including the so-called Mopar Geru..

1964 Fury at Princess Auto August 26,2017 #5.jpg

1964 Fury at Princess Auto August 26,2017.jpg

1964 Fury at St.Vital park 2012#1.jpg

1964 Fury engine August 26,2017  40,000 miles.jpg

9 hours ago, Safire6 said:

Looks like the same color as mine and possibly the same year. What work did you do to it Adam?

It was in a minor front end collision. the front valance pan under the grill was repaired and painted and the right headlight, trim ring, right marker light and grill were all replaced. I kind find the photos but I also did an all over on a TR3 a few years back. Since I own a classic car every time one comes into work its given to me haha.

blurple.jpg

fjbwr.jpg

Well, I'm a couple of wheels short compared to most of you guys, but it satisfies my Need for Speed.  2016 Yamaha FJ09 with a few updates.  Suspension upgrade and ECU flash plus various cosmetic farkles.

I love the look I get when I roll up to gas up or whatever and peel off my helmet and this gray-bearded bald-headed old fart climbs off that bike...B)

15 hours ago, Ben Brown said:

My first car was a 71 B GT in that color! Sadly, I totaled it less than a year later.

My current toy is a 2004 Mazdaspeed Miata. I’ve since switched to lighter aftermarket wheels.

0mA4HCZ.jpg

Ben

Nice!  I had an '05 Mazdaspeed in Black Mica.  It was a fun little car.  Surprises a lot of people

15 hours ago, Ben Brown said:

0mA4HCZ.jpg

Ben

Gotta love a Miata! I had to sell mine in order to buy the MG. ("Only one project car at a time!") No regrets, but I still kinda miss it... 250,000 miles on a 1.6 and still purred like a kitten when I sold it.

20170519_174740

11 hours ago, moparfarmer said:

1964 Fury Convertible, restored in 1992 and keep in good shape..DRIVE to shows..Many trips(10) to Minneapolis Mopars in Park and done quite well with awards..Sioux Falls too about (8)  Hard to keep clean now with my age and dexterity..Put on about 45,000 miles since done..440 CuIn cloned to look like 426 Street Wedge..Did have some judges fooled including the so-called Mopar Geru..

1964 Fury at Princess Auto August 26,2017 #5.jpg

1964 Fury at Princess Auto August 26,2017.jpg

1964 Fury at St.Vital park 2012#1.jpg

1964 Fury engine August 26,2017  40,000 miles.jpg

Beautiful Mopar!