Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

I had been looking for this and the van version of the Heller Mercedes 170 for a bit now. I was looking more for the panel, so I bid low on this one and was pleasantly surprised. I like these old Heller kits of Euro subjects. Full detail kit, and fiddly as if it was an early 60s Revell kit, but what a cool old car!

Now the interesting part... I bid on this you know where. Paid via Paypal on Monday at 11:30am. Seller is in California, I'm in Pennsylvania. It showed up on my doorstep around noon today (Wednesday). 48 hour service across the whole country. Can't beat that.

Well ... after what seems like an eternity of seeing everyone else come home from garage sales with loads o'good stuff, I finally did good! Found all these at a single garage sale. Total price? Right at $50.

100_3076-vi.jpg

Ah, I see my date stamp is off; these are from today.

I've been after the Monogram '59 Corvette for a couple of years now. When they occasionally pop up on eBay the price is always a bit more than I'm willing to pay for a "contemporary" kit. One was listed the other day with a mangled box but the seller assured that the kit was complete and verified that the hardtop was in there. Buy Now price: $9.95. S&H $4.95. AFAIAC an open kit is always a gamble, but for 15 bucks I took the "plunge" (wooo).

The kit arrived. It is complete and unmolested, the decals are perfect, no tire burns, etc. And, the optional "modern day" Torque Thrusts and Goodyears included in the kit will be perfect on the '07 Shelby Mustang I have going.

Win-Win.

I got fantastic weather today so I could get my vinyl decals on my Ram. Like I said in an earlier post, they're matte black for a subtle look. So, here you go Carl! The only thing I can think of that would make them cooler is if they were reflective like they did back in the '60's & '70's.

post-9116-0-58127700-1407628789_thumb.jp

post-9116-0-33334900-1407628816_thumb.jp

post-9116-0-90091300-1407628856_thumb.jp

Edited by The70judgeman

Well ... after what seems like an eternity of seeing everyone else come home from garage sales with loads o'good stuff, I finally did good! Found all these at a single garage sale. Total price? Right at $50.

100_3076-vi.jpg

Very well done..I never find garage/yard sale models..A friend of mine who built models with me in school died a few years ago..His wife had a sale but no deals..Unbuilt newer stuff was $20.00..Some of his builds I wanted but not at $100.00 a pop..Sorry Tom....

I got fantastic weather today so I could get my vinyl decals on my Ram. Like I said in an earlier post, they're matte black for a subtle look. So, here you go Carl! The only thing I can think of that would make them cooler is if they were reflective like they did back in the '60's & '70's.

They look great Andy. Nice work putting them on....

What a great deal on some awesome kits...

I got one step closer to getting my race car back on the track, my dad turned me on to a friend of his who had the driver side dipstick, kickout, small block Chevy oil pan I despearately needed. For $60 I got the pan, high volume pump/pickup, and the windage tray. The pan isn't in great shape but saving 60 bucks is worth it. I cleaned it up and got it down to bare metal then shot some Chevrolet engine orange on it.

Before and after :)

post-11129-0-88010400-1407894671_thumb.j

post-11129-0-23125900-1407894696_thumb.j

post-11129-0-80508500-1407894711_thumb.j

post-11129-0-74451400-1407894731_thumb.j

post-11129-0-86139600-1407894751_thumb.j

post-11129-0-46709100-1407894783_thumb.j

post-11129-0-08840600-1407894799_thumb.j

Edited by Dragfreak

Last weekend was another trip to the Model Cave in Ypsilanti.I picked up my special ordered carbon fiber set for the Tamiya LaFerrari(thanks John & Melissa) (& Beni the store dog too :) ) along with a Mini photoetch set,the new Revell '57 Chevy convertible,and a Revell snap '63 Corvette coupe.The plan right now is to try fitting the Revell '67 Corvette full detail frame under it and opening the hood.

Edited by ZTony8

I got a large bill! The original owner of my house put in this high end kitchen that includes a built in refrigerator. Well, the compressor on the freezer blew last week. It cost me $1600 to replace! Darn, for all the scrimping and saving to get ahead, there goes $1600 just to stand in place! :blink:

Got this in the mail the other day. Original sealed MPC Camaro Z28, made in 1984 according to the box.

post-11636-0-37133000-1407937335.jpg

Originally got this for Christmas in 1985 I think, sent to me from my granddad who I didn't see often. He was a straight Chevy man and I'm sure that's why he picked this one out.

I have the original one I built as a 12 year old and will make this one exactly like it, except with the skills of a 41 year old. I'd like to display them together eventually.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...