Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Mail man dropped this one off Saturday. I honestly don't think the car has ever had any paint on it. and 2 very small glue marks where it had something glued to the top of the trunk lid ( in the flat area so it;ll be a super easy fix ) .

Chrome is near mint ,,But I do need to find a hood ornament for it . This one will stay pretty close to the top of the to do pile,,maybe later his year. .

20160215_112544.jpg

a convertible? say it isnt so .

If I didn't already have a really nice one . I would be blowing your PM box up bout now.

:lol:

Thanks Bill!

I've never really been a huge fan of the GM or Ford rooflines from the early 60s, so convertibles are not out of my realm completely.

Especially if I can procure an up top.

You wouldn't happen to have a '61-'62 Pontiac or Chevy up top lying around, would you? ;)

Steve

:lol:

Thanks Bill!

I've never really been a huge fan of the GM or Ford rooflines from the early 60s, so convertibles are not out of my realm completely.

Especially if I can procure an up top.

You wouldn't happen to have a '61-'62 Pontiac or Chevy up top lying around, would you? ;)

Steve

I am just the opposite...I prefer the roof cars and would rather have those than convertibles and I have a few.

Just got a Gunze 250 GTO, the non-full-detail version. Bought it specifically to build a bastardized American V8-powered hot-rod with a Ford 9" rear end, a what-if kinda thing that could have been put together in the late 1960s or early 1970s. It's not really so far fetched, because I put a DeSoto hemi in a Lusso back in about 1972. The Ferrari engine had a softball-sized hole in the block, and a badly damaged crank and one head. Much cheaper at the time to just swap in an American lump, and set it as far back in the chassis as possible to avoid ruining the handling.

image.jpg    Internet photo

The overall shape of the Gunze body looks pretty good, and as no two of these cars are really identical, it's close enough for me, especially for a hot-rod build. One thing that WILL need correcting to my taste is the rear wheel openings, which I find to be too large, and shaped somewhat wrong.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

Just got a Gunze 250 GTO, the non-full-detail version. Bought it specifically to build a bastardized American V8-powered hot-rod with a Ford 9" rear end, a what-if kinda thing that could have been put together in the late 1960s or early 1970s. It's not really so far fetched, because I put a DeSoto hemi in a Lusso back in about 1972. The Ferrari engine had a softball-sized hole in the block, and a badly damaged crank and one head. Much cheaper at the time to just swap in an American lump, and set it as far back in the chassis as possible to avoid ruining the handling.

image.jpg    Internet photo

The overall shape of the Gunze body looks pretty good, and as no two of these cars are really identical, it's close enough for me, especially for a hot-rod build. One thing that WILL need correcting to my taste is the rear wheel openings, which I find to be too large, and shaped somewhat wrong.

I think this will be cool!  this actually a very popular subject for kit-car builders; they put v8`s in most of them.

I really could use one several like that. Was this a one-off deal or someone who has an eBay business selling them?

A regular item from this guy on eBay (see link),was $139.99 shipped to my door :) 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300816233498?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&var=600066545127&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT (link to the one I bought,IDK if it will send you there,so...)

http://www.ebay.com/usr/sfdisplay?_trksid=p2047675.l2559 (link to his eBay home page)

Hope that helps,my friend :)

Mail man just dropped it off and I had to just open it up for a look inside.

Near mint unbuilt 1960 Edsel convertible kit. Nothing touched or messed with . Only thing missing was the custom hubcaps. Which is not a problem,,,my intention from the get go was to build it

A perfect new canvas to start from. This one gives me all 3 Edsel convertible kits. This one and my 59 are both unbuilt,,,,,,for now.

My want list is getting smaller and smaller . I'm down to maybe a dozen kits I am after. I know my toy fund will be glad when the list is complete.

60Edsel.jpg

Near mint unbuilt 1960 Edsel convertible kit. Nothing touched or messed with . Only thing missing was the custom hubcaps. Which is not a problem,,,my intention from the get go was to build it

A perfect new canvas to start from. This one gives me all 3 Edsel convertible kits. This one and my 59 are both unbuilt,,,,,,for now.

My want list is getting smaller and smaller . I'm down to maybe a dozen kits I am after. I know my toy fund will be glad when the list is complete.

60Edsel.jpg

She is pretty Bill!

Well.......as pretty as a '60 Edsel can be! :D

Steve

60Edsel.jpg

That IS sweet!

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...