Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Courtesy of a very handy trade with one of the other guys here. Last time I saw an uncut sheet was my original kit I bought back in either 1973 or '74. Will be going into my rebuild/mod project that has been tragically lagging behind for years. The one white speck by the edge near the "E" in the lower panel was not a chip in the decal, but happily just some large dust bit that popped right off when I touched it.

1017296537_Quicksilversheet.jpg.f681b8bdf374bcdd299741a1546fb350.jpg

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Can-Con said:

Nice score, Rick, 

Here's the website you're looking for,,

http://oldcarbrochures.org/

Thanks for the link.  Just looked through the 60 Mercury and none of the photos showed any sign of outside mirrors, even on the doors.  Wonder where I could find a set of the gunsights to replace those mirrors?

54 minutes ago, TarheelRick said:

Thanks for the link.  Just looked through the 60 Mercury and none of the photos showed any sign of outside mirrors, even on the doors.  Wonder where I could find a set of the gunsights to replace those mirrors?

They are on ebay. seller name: sixft4kid92c2  item #133833259080 not my auction. hope this helps.

On 12/17/2022 at 12:27 PM, TarheelRick said:

Question, I remember a link to a website that lists model year sales brochures.  I thought I marked it as a favorite, but cannot find it, any help will be appreciated.

This is the one I use. It seems a little more comprehensive than Old Car Brochures: Brochures (lov2xlr8.no)

That Comet is a very nice find.

19 hours ago, cobraman said:

Hey Bruce !  I read somewhere that Agoura is going to have a 1/8 Corvette. 63 ? 65 ?  You going to build one ?

Agora has announced this. We knew about it for awhile but could not talk about it. It was kept a secret for awhile now. Everyone wants to build this. I would love to but have not been issued to. We will see. I have a Lamborghini Muira still going. A 1/8 VW bug convertible, a Mazda cozmo, and the GT 500. Plus a pocher 1/8 testarossa to start. My big scale plate is pretty full. But you never know what happens. Anything is possible. 

5 minutes ago, Brudda said:

Agora has announced this. We knew about it for awhile but could not talk about it. It was kept a secret for awhile now. Everyone wants to build this. I would love to but have not been issued to. We will see. I have a Lamborghini Muira still going. A 1/8 VW bug convertible, a Mazda cozmo, and the GT 500. Plus a pocher 1/8 testarossa to start. My big scale plate is pretty full. But you never know what happens. Anything is possible. 

By the way I have been insisting on gm products for some time and it’s comming true. If they come out with the grand sport 1963/65 I’m hoping to do that. 

On 12/17/2022 at 3:07 PM, Keef said:

Wife and I went on a road trip just to get out of the house. Ended up at a Walmart and she found a half aisle full of model kits and told me to get what I wanted for Christmas. Merry Christmas to me!!! 🤣😂🤣😂

BEC9B8C6-B8B4-494A-BB53-86FBB5D22DB4.jpeg

Nice find and score!

While taking a nap there arose such a roar,

I arose from my bed to find Fed Ex at the door. 

A little young lady who certainly was not meek,

handed me the package; my Pace airbrush paint booth had arrived in less than a week!

And I thought I heard her laughing as she drove out of sight,

Merry Christmas to all and to the 'ol fart with the new paint booth...try to get some sleep tonight!  😁🤣😉

Received my new 24" Super-Mini paint booth from Bob Pace. Very fast service on the order, absolutely no damage with the shipping, secure packing method and the paint booth itself looks extremely well made. Also, I talked with Bob a during the purchase/shipping process and he was a real gentleman each and every time we conversed. A real pleasure to do business with him. Looks like Santy Claus came early to our house!  🎁🎄

Joe

IMG_1523.JPG

IMG_1525.JPG

Edited by Joe Nunes
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

Picked these two up over the last couple of weeks simply for the box art. The Camaro is unstarted and complete, with the exception of a couple of the custom pieces. The Cougar is built (semi-poorly). I'll pull a couple of the custom parts from it to complete the Camaro and eventually rebuild the Cougar. Someday I may build the Camaro just for fun.

Later-

20221220_170028.jpg

20221220_170034.jpg

20221220_170216.jpg

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Joe Nunes said:

While taking a nap there arose such a roar,

I arose from my bed to find Fed Ex at the door. 

A little young lady who certainly was not meek,

handed me the package; my Pace airbrush paint booth had arrived in less than a week!

And I thought I heard her laughing as she drove out of sight,

Merry Christmas to all and to the 'ol fart with the new paint booth...try to get some sleep tonight!  😁🤣😉

Received my new 24" Super-Mini paint booth from Bob Pace. Very fast service on the order, absolutely no damage with the shipping, secure packing method and the paint booth itself looks extremely well made. Also, I talked with Bob a during the purchase/shipping process and he was a real gentleman each and every time we conversed. A real pleasure to do business with him. Looks like Santy Claus came early to our house!  🎁🎄

Joe

IMG_1523.JPG

IMG_1525.JPG

Joe, I will be very interested to get your thoughts on how this unit works once you have had a chance to use it. I am in the market for a new spray booth and have had my eye on this one. 

1 hour ago, Engine 51 said:

Joe, I will be very interested to get your thoughts on how this unit works once you have had a chance to use it. I am in the market for a new spray booth and have had my eye on this one. 

There fantastic. I got the 36” deluxe. Don’t mind the lop sided bulb I got to adjust the socket part lol. 

97B7ACEB-41E7-4EAF-B0E2-BFF67D687B73.jpeg

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Engine 51 said:

Hi Joe,

It will take a bit of time for me to get the booth set up, however, I will definitely get my thoughts out to you (such as they're worth).  I can say that after looking this spray booth over, and with my previous checking for comments from others that have purchased Pace products, I am very satisfied with the purchase. It is a high quality hobby item that should last longer than I probably will. And no, I am not receiving anything from Pace to offer my comments; I am definitely impressed with the product and Bob Pace's mannerisms throughout the transaction. Each time Bob and I talked via phone he made sure to tell me to call him with any questions I might have or if I need assistance with setting the booth up for use. He wants to make sure I, as a consumer, am totally satisfied with his product. This is something rare in today's marketplace and it's value is immense. Long story short...if you are seeking a quality spray paint booth for your personal use give Bob a call (tell him I sent you his way) and ask any questions you have about the product. Personally I am really looking forward to using a nice paint booth that I don't have to worry about. 

Joe

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Dpate said:

There fantastic. I got the 36” deluxe. Don’t mind the lop sided bulb I got to adjust the socket part lol. 

97B7ACEB-41E7-4EAF-B0E2-BFF67D687B73.jpeg

Wow!  That is BIG!  I almost sprang for that size though finding room in the shop for it was a consideration for me. A real quality product. 

Joe

• Like 1

Didn't take pics, but have had a few deliveries so far this week.

Tamiya Porsche 934 Jaegermeister

Tamiya Ford GT

Studio 27 carbon decals for Tamiya Ford GT

Hobby Design photo etch set for Tamiya Porsche 996 GT3

Tamiya carbon fibre decal sheets

Hit up an LHS and stocked up on paint as well. I'm ready for my 2 week Christmas break now.

• Like 3

Fresh off a transatlantic journey that seemed to involve kicking these to me from Portugal (I blame the World Cup) I received my order from DModelkits for their new Ford Sierra Cosworth 4x4. They seriously did use one of the thinnest flimsiest cardboard boxes I've seen recently and in another day or two it would have fully split open down the corner seam and regurgitated it's contents all over the next USPS vehicle. Also meant both kit boxes are all bent up...but the kits appear to be alright and I'm not a box art collector so all is fair in Peak Season Shipping I guess...

20221220_201425.jpg

• Like 4

8 hours ago, niteowl7710 said:

Fresh off a transatlantic journey that seemed to involve kicking these to me from Portugal (I blame the World Cup) I received my order from DModelkits for their new Ford Sierra Cosworth 4x4. They seriously did use one of the thinnest flimsiest cardboard boxes I've seen recently and in another day or two it would have fully split open down the corner seam and regurgitated it's contents all over the next USPS vehicle. Also meant both kit boxes are all bent up...but the kits appear to be alright and I'm not a box art collector so all is fair in Peak Season Shipping I guess...

20221220_201425.jpg

Ah two great British rally cars. I hope that I can get the Q8 version (as it has supplementary front lamps) from Father Christmas!