Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Christmas money spent yesterday:

IMG_9202.JPG.508361cb357af386bb532cdfe3f5a971.JPG

These very nice Hasegawa kits were a third off, so basically I got one for free. I got them from Hannants, the big wholesalers who are fairly local to me. As ever they had a mind-numbing range of other kits in the warehouse, but I was good and resisted temptation.

The Halfords automotive paints have always worked well for me. Don't know why they still stock Purple Velvet, it's a classic mid '70s colour and I can't imagine many people walk in off the street to buy a can for their 1975 Granada or Cortina.

• Like 1

On 12/26/2023 at 4:44 PM, ewetwo said:

This arrived today. Want to make a plain Galaxie. And it’s white plastic and not blue or yellow. 🙂

264D353A-76C6-4942-BA37-1DE5F786B049.jpeg

Well, some will call me a rivet counter but here goes. That kit is incorrect for a 4 door sedan, but remove the door frames and leave the vent windows it is correct for a 4 door hardtop.

The Airfix kit was just a re-boxed MPC annual as was the Charger. MPC also re-boxed Airfix aircraft kits for the U.S. market.

I did a quick search for other MPC kits and came up with this example. I have the Ford J and the Mako Shark and a '65 Vette double labeled with Airfix and MPC. 

10258-0.jpg

Edited by Phirewriter
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Got this at a local toy fair yesterday:

IMG_9218.JPG.10919e1930b70328e8a125938de309da.JPG

Not really a Holy Grail kit, but certainly one I have unfinished business with. One of these would have been one of my very first models that I tried to build as youngster 40+ years ago, I remember it being quite fiddly and it hasn't survived. Let's see if I can do better this time around....

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Spottedlaurel said:

Got this at a local toy fair yesterday:

IMG_9218.JPG.10919e1930b70328e8a125938de309da.JPG

Not really a Holy Grail kit, but certainly one I have unfinished business with. One of these would have been one of my very first models that I tried to build as youngster 40+ years ago, I remember it being quite fiddly and it hasn't survived. Let's see if I can do better this time around....

I had one of those when they were first released but couldn’t get it finished.

steve

18 hours ago, Sledsel said:

Well, some will call me a rivet counter but here goes. That kit is incorrect for a 4 door sedan, but remove the door frames and leave the vent windows it is correct for a 4 door hardtop.

That will be the route I will take then. Thank you Andy.

Went to Ollie's which is down to the unwanted kit's . A case worth of: Green Hornet 1/32 cars, Mach5 speed racer, and Star Trek. I bought the only Big Rig Semi Trailer they had. Wished I would have left it though! Got ready to build it and No darn TIRES! Yes it was still factory sealed!