Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

some stuff i picked up the old pro nova hasnt been built but the rest have

IMG_20130502_215049_427_zpsda59fdc6.jpg

from left to right 57 chevy, original 70 super bee, I am thinking a johan 70 superbird racecar, original 66 mustang with screw bottom, 70 chevy pickup screw bottom with box, original 66 fairlane screw bottom, 72 cuda with screw bottom, and a mako shark vette with box.

Saying ebay is extremely vague. How about a specific source/supplier/vendor??

Sorry crazyjim, but I just keep an eye out on eBay. Just got lucky on these as they don't pop up as often as the newer sets.

A little late but here's part of my haul from NNL East. This sorry-looking '62 Ford promo was on a vendor table with a $10.00 price tag. Saw a couple guys look at it and shake their heads before putting it back down. Being crazy, I decided to give it a home. Went across the vendor room and picked up a ragtop windshield frame along with an uptop and boot from Modelhaus to transform it into a convertible. Unfortunately they didn't have a front bumper in stock. The '60 Ford windshield glass (which fits) and '62 Ford convertible top well are from my stash. The body on this thing is very clean!

Also picked up a '56 Mercury hardtop, two sets of Buick Skylark wires and WWs from Modelhaus.

62FordPromo1-vi.jpg62FordPromo2-vi.jpg

Edited by John Goschke

Ok,it was yesterday but I bought 10 Formula 1 kits (9 Tamiyas,one of which was the hard to find Lotus 102D Mika Haakinen version with the pre painted driver and lettered tires, and 1 Revell Jacque Villenueve Williams),a Tamiya Jaguar sedan,and a Monogram Frank Iaconio Pro Stock T-Bird.

Ok,it was yesterday but I bought 10 Formula 1 kits (9 Tamiyas,one of which was the hard to find Lotus 102D Mika Haakinen version with the pre painted driver and lettered tires, and 1 Revell Jacque Villenueve Williams),a Tamiya Jaguar sedan,and a Monogram Frank Iaconio Pro Stock T-Bird.

Wow Tony, that sounds great. Did you find a good deal on them? Was someone dumping them? I'm jealous ;)

Got some more of my favorite stuff...JUNK !! The Willys body / chassis and the green '32 2-dr sedan are the somewhat rare AMT double kit (with a nailhead Buick) and a spare partial 'white '32 sedan (missing cowl) body. The black-and-blue '32 roadster is a second-issue AMT kit, in pretty decent shape with a Firepower Hemi. Frames left to right are AMT blobular '32, '33-'34 and '35-'40 Fords, and a C1 Corvette of as yet unknown origin. Less than $18 for all of it, shipped. :D

DSCN0027_zps59666df2.jpg

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

I bought and installed an ASUS Radeon 7870 and a 600 watt power supply on Sunday. I now have serious GPU firepower!. Add to that my 37" wall-mounted flat panel monitor and you have the makings for some serious spread sheet action!

253287_571205069568255_1888878084_n.jpg

It'll be pretty good for gaming too!

Bioshock Infinite, here I come!

David G.

I got both of these in separate auctions last week on ebay and delivered this week for pretty cheap. I happened to be the only bidder on one. Anyway, the JoHan Chrysler Turbine is a complete vintage(pretty sure) full detail kit. There is no date on the box or instructions, but due to the box condition and yellowing instructions it appears to be an older kit. The second is the Doyusha '71 GTO, not '64(typo), and is an open box, but has all the sealed bags inside. I know it's not the best kit...it's a motorized kit and the interior is a sad representation, but if I do build it I can just build it with "blacked-out" glass. The body is pretty decent. Maybe build it with the Revell '72 Cutlass kit's chassis and AMT '72 GTO interior tub for the full detail? Not totally accurate, but it's better than nothing and the way it is now.IMG_3655_zpse56cbffc.jpg

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...