Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

That's what I get for assuming you're their best customer. :lol:

Yes, HLJ gets a looooooottttttt of money from me :lol:

Not wanting to get in on this, But I probably should not have posted the pic of the cat we got, but it was at least auto related, as the cat did ride in a car on the way home.......................................................... :D

Edited by martinfan5

... I make a simple factual comment and I get this tirade?

"Tirade"? Really? I guess I shouldn't get involved, but keeping to the limitation of "model related objects" seems a relatively simple concept to grasp and to adhere to. I've been guilty of making some smartass, off topic entries here too, and have seen the error of my ways.

But "tirade"?

ti·rade
ˈtīˌrād/
noun
  1. a long, angry speech of criticism or accusation.
    "a tirade of abuse"

Is this thread model related or anything in general?

If it is model related thread, then lets stick to that. If it is wide open, then why was I told once that I am not supposed to post non model related items? I have stuck to that and have not posted non model related items. Otherwise I have some really nice groceries I got today that I can start posting tonight!!

So Casey G83 has not posted here in a while, does that mean it is now a free for all on this thread?

This is Model Cars Magazine, a forum where we come to discuss all things model related. I can't answer why 1:1 vehicles are the only other subject allowed in this section, but the General section header states:

"For general model car hobby or 1:1 automotive related topics ONLY"

Looking at Casey's original post:

"I just wanted to start what has been one of my favorite threads on airplane modeling forums. It’s not meant to brag or prove has the biggest modeling budget; I just like to see what other people are buying..."

Combined with the tags he used, I don't think it's unreasonable to conclude he was asking for others to share their model related finds. To me, that's what this topic is about, and it's irrelevant if the O.P. is no longer active on a daily basis. He posted a legitimate topic for discussion, and people clearly like to share what they recently acquired considering the length of this topic. Keeping threads on topic when they start drifting or someone posts something to disrupt the conversation (as happened recently) is something a moderator is supposed to do.

The Off Topic section was created long after Casey created this post, so there was no place for off topic posts until sometime in 2012. I don't recall exactly when Harry added the new General sub-title, but it was most likely the same time the off-topic section was added. If people want to come to a model car forum to discuss the new puppy they got, a new bicycle, new glasses, a nose job-- whatever else that isn't model or 1:1 automotive related, there is a place to do exactly that, the Off Topic section. Here's Harry's post announcing the new Off Topic section and a clarification of what should be posted in the General section: http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=75023&hl=categories

I agree this topic should remain about sharing your model related acquisitions, as I think the O.P. intended, so please, let's move on and keep that in mind.

For me I'm only interested what model related items someone gotten.

Second I don't see why this is being made into such a big deal. Casey just brought this thread back to its original intent does this really have to be a major crisis. He doing the moderator job he was given why give him a bunch of flak about. I know I certainly want to be a moderator be like shoveling a barn out everyday.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...