Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

The original Gunze Sangyo issue of the 1937 Rolls Phantom III Sports Saloon, totally original boxing. I have this in Revell, Anmark and Entex versions, but this should be a lesson to all kit manufacturers. All individual sprues are in separate clear cellophane, the body is enclosed in cardboard that is attached to the box, and also attached to the body by staples, as are inserts with cryovac boxes for tires, decals, hinges, etc. Nothing can get screwed around in this boxing. The box art shows exactly what the kit can look like.

Picture33_zpsfa83b33c.png

I have and have built those little garage kits, they are pretty neat but I remember I had trouble with the cover or the floor being warped enough to make a difference.

I got a Tamiya diamond file for photoetch work. typical impeccable quality in every way and I don't believe I have ever seen a file so fine.

jb

I got a Tamiya diamond file for photoetch work. typical impeccable quality in every way and I don't believe I have ever seen a file so fine.

jb

On the strength of your recommendation I ordered one today. Dealing with photoetch really does require this sort of thing. So thanks for the suggestion at a moment when I was feeling particularly suggestible.

I hear you Scott...I too want the parts back for the factory stock version of this kit. I have one factory stock from my dads old stuff but it needs a lot...I also have the original stock car version still sealed yet by MPC but I have been told its only the race car version...bummer.

I think Mark answered the question.. sounds like the tool was modified from stock to make the stock car version. If the original was a 2 in 1 and the stock parts were on the tooling, Round 2 would've given them to ya!

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...