Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

I got the Revell (Fujimi) Ford GT-40 #2 I order off of eBay already. Won it Sunday. Got it today. From Youngstown, OH to Minneapolis, MN in only 3 days. Pretty quick. It was a sealed kid. I unsealed it. Very nice looking kit. And for sure the Fujimi kit in a Revell box. A good way to get a Fujimi kit. It was a bit cheaper in price being a Revell box. Any how.... Nice kit kit. Looks like it will be a nice build.

Scott

Not really. It is a "snap together" kit which if you look in big rig area, makes a great looking truck.

Yep, it looks as if a great representation can be made straight out of the box. I just bought the sister rig, the Kenworth W900, and I hear it's also pretty decent.

Saw that at Walmart for $20. Obviously I didn't have money at the time.

Is that kit cheap in price because it is cheap in quality?

Also Pat, Miles is in the US and you are in Canada, so I don't know what the exchange rate is between your dollar and ours, but that might explain the difference in price. As for it being cheap in quality, as the others have said, it and the Kenworth W900 that is like it are actually very nice kits for the money. They were once snap kits and still are, but they still build up nicely. I have one in progress with the Revell of Germany auto transporter that is scheduled for reissue this year.

HPIM1526.jpg

The only issues that are a pain are the tires, they do not fit the wheels well and I swapped the kit wheels for some wheels and tires from an Italeri Peterbilt, but the only other real issues are the snap points that attach the chrome of the battery boxes to the frame and the points in the back of the cab for the interior.

Not really sure if this belongs here or not, but here goes. I just last night brought this box of old instruction sheets home from storage, remnants of my youth. It's utterly fascinating to browse through them and recall the tremendous joy I got out of building each and every kit.

cars_zpsd35e1848.jpg

cars002_zpseedaeb87.jpg

I saw that Fury kit too....

Thought there might be something hinkey about the seller....

I checked his past sales history, and it looked as though he may have sold that kit before...

Let us know when you get it....

I saw he had a couple of negative feed backs, but a couple hundred positive. I figured it was a pretty good gamble. I usually don't worry too much about buying on ebay. I've had pretty good luck as a rule. Although I've had a couple of shaky experiences as well. I've Had a lot more negative experiences in brick & mortar places myself. Steve

PS. Went back & looked at the listing you're referring to. Not the same kit. Doesn't appear to be any vent window damage on that example plus there are a lot more of the parts on the trees with it. Looks as if the purchaser of that kit was happy. Looks to me like he has a lot of multiple examples of certain kits. He's sold a bunch of Toronado kits recently & has more to sell right now. According to his "write up" he got these kits from a storage unit, so lord only knows what all he has. I'm seriously contemplating bidding on some other items he has at the moment. Great stuff that seems to be going relatively reasonably.

Edited by StevenGuthmiller

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...