Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

I ordered on 22.12.14 that order was posted on the 24.12.14 in the USA and received today in Buckingham UK. It's from teddyb2336 on ebay.com, 2 X packs of Resin Dodge Dually fenders, wheels and tailgate....................

3_zps0a4aef30.jpg

I don't know yet what I will fix them on, could be a truck or van or whatever!

Got a lot of clean up ahead of you. Can't believe someone sold such junk.

Got a $40 gift certificate to Hurricane Hobbies for Christmas. I picked up the Tamiya Savanna RX-7 with a full engine and an AMT 1958 Plymouth Fury "Christine" kit. Also got in some correct tires for my Corvette Grand Sport. The ones in the kit were mismolded, so I ordered a set of tires for a slot car. They're perfect. :)

Found an original AMT '75 Corvette roadster on eBay. I'm HOPING the hood and front valence will fit the cherry AMT '73 coupe body I scored in a Vette Junkyard a couple years ago, which is missing those two vital items. If they're not direct bolt-on, I'll have to find a way to make 'em work. I really want a '73 Vette on the shelf (only year with the rubber front bumper but the original flat rear end with chrome bumpers--very cool looking).

It arrived today. The hood and front bumper seem to be perfect fits, and I can also use the chassis, engine, etc. Now all I have to do is strip the paint off the '73 body and fix some window-glue damage on the roof.

I ordered on 22.12.14 that order was posted on the 24.12.14 in the USA and received today in Buckingham UK. It's from teddyb2336 on ebay.com, 2 X packs of Resin Dodge Dually fenders, wheels and tailgate....................

3_zps0a4aef30.jpg

I don't know yet what I will fix them on, could be a truck or van or whatever!

Got a lot of clean up ahead of you. Can't believe someone sold such junk.

Yeah, and looks nothing like the seller posts the pics of in his sales.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Resin-1-25-Dodge-Dually-conversion-kitbash-kit-2-Fenders-4-wheels-Tailgate-/221646756338?pt=Model_Kit_US&hash=item339b2d19f2

Yeah, and looks nothing like the seller posts the pics of in his sales.

In all fairness he stated, "Your 1/25 scale resin Conversion kit will come to you with flash attached to keep the rigid for shipping, expect to see it that way,

You are responsible for removing any and all flash and Possibly filling any pinholes or sinkmarks."

His photos aren't totally doctored, he left some imperfections like the roughness in the wheel wells. Not that people read auction text anyway!

Edited by Tom Geiger

IMG_0709_zpsb3153515.jpg

I got this spread from Tower Hobbies while they had their Christmas specials. These all came with free shipping and I got an $8 discount. This meant that I essentially got the Tamiya paints for free.

IMG_0710_zps3bc43d18.jpg

I've received these resin items throughout the past few weeks. Most of these will be put away for the foreseeable future. I just saw items that I liked and with how the resin business is, I knew I couldn't pass them up. I might do a more comprehensive review of the Models by Tony resin pieces later.

Got a nice, clean '64 T-bird radio promo:

16208267101_fcc36333f6_c.jpg

16209335112_2dc5a706a6_c.jpg

15587734424_924d2da893_c.jpg

Put in a battery, and after a few minutes of crackling, WGN is coming in clear. Now I have a straight run of T-birds from 1961 to '66. :) . Now I need a '67...

Also got some of the new AMT narrow whitewalls left over from a current kit somebody parted out.

Edited by ChrisBcritter

Ive been on a Ferrari kick lately.... Ever since seeing our neighbour at the Lakes 458 Italia, and photos of the LaFerrari which re-kindled my love for Ferraris. These have all come in over the past few days.

EB444666-D40C-43E2-9FCB-4C4C606DFAD8_zps

Looks like a hell of a lot of prancing ponies! Enjoy

I post here so infrequently I often forget to show what I've picked up. My purchases tend to be pretty sporadic, as well. But, within the past three weeks I brought it a large bunch so I figured I'd show them here.

20150107_200615.jpg

The Mustang and Rat Roaster were purchased new from my LHS; the Revell Peterbilt was with a 50% off coupon from Michaels; the rest I picked up at the local thrift shop for cheap. B)

Edited by kataranga

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...