Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Now we've cleared the decks after Christmas this was another gift from my youngest son. A '57 Chevy coaster, made of ceramic with a cork base to put my hot cups of tea or coffee on, rather that put rings on my model making table.

57ChevyCoaster_zps26f94ede.jpg

Edited by PatW

Found an original AMT '75 Corvette roadster on eBay. I'm HOPING the hood and front valence will fit the cherry AMT '73 coupe body I scored in a Vette Junkyard a couple years ago, which is missing those two vital items. If they're not direct bolt-on, I'll have to find a way to make 'em work. I really want a '73 Vette on the shelf (only year with the rubber front bumper but the original flat rear end with chrome bumpers--very cool looking).

just bought the Round2 corvair Chevooom funny car......very nice, was like going to the store in '69 and getting back then when it was current. thanks to Amt Round2, you Kats are the best of 'em all........the ace.......... :rolleyes:

I'm going to buy a few of them. Where did you get yours? I'm waiting to hear from Wheels and Wings in TO

Found an original AMT '75 Corvette roadster on eBay. I'm HOPING the hood and front valence will fit the cherry AMT '73 coupe body I scored in a Vette Junkyard a couple years ago, which is missing those two vital items. If they're not direct bolt-on, I'll have to find a way to make 'em work. I really want a '73 Vette on the shelf (only year with the rubber front bumper but the original flat rear end with chrome bumpers--very cool looking).

'73 is last year until recently that I really liked Vettes. The front rubber bumper was okay. But, rubber bumpers on both ends, Vette styling was never the same again. Man, I miss chrome bumpers. Not just on Vettes, but on most everything.

Scott

Edited by unclescott58

This kit for my upcoming 1:1 of my '82 Mustang GL came last night:

10863835_983183591692559_589771774812763

Along with the chrome modular wheels I found on ebay:

1490738_983184515025800_7617053737474345

Man, having the 'net around is making this so much more fun and easy to find the stuff I really want. ;):D

Edit: Oh yeah, almost forgot. This showed up today as well (I got 2 - one for the bench, and one for the booth - which I still need to build):

10906194_983187795025472_747828349814123

Edited by Mister 4x4

I got these recently:

Can you show us more about the GTO? Put out by whom?

Scott

The GTOs are from Fujimi. Released a few years ago. There are probably builds here somewhere. I've only just started one so I won't have anything to show for a while. They are fantastic kits.

Had to get out of the house today and made a couple of stops. First place was a bust...no need to explain here as it wasn't model related. My second stop was at the new Hobby Lobby in the area. I had a 40% coupon through my phone, so I picked up the AMT "Christine" model. Ideally, I'd prefer it was molded in white, but it was the only one left and about the only kit that piqued my interest.

post-9116-0-95568300-1420149802_thumb.jp

Edited by The70judgeman

I ordered on 22.12.14 that order was posted on the 24.12.14 in the USA and received today in Buckingham UK. It's from teddyb2336 on ebay.com, 2 X packs of Resin Dodge Dually fenders, wheels and tailgate....................

3_zps0a4aef30.jpg

I don't know yet what I will fix them on, could be a truck or van or whatever!

Edited by PatW

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...