Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Like that Mustang kit Carl. I was at Hobby Lobby today hoping to get another but none on the shelf. : (

I was glad to get one Ray. I got the last one or I would have got 2. I also got the last little red wagon.

Made a Hobby Lobby run today. Selection was kind of low but managed to spend some cash. 3 of the paints were only 2.22 each. The 1/16 resin slicks are for my Lindberg Bull Horn project which I have yet to start.

gottoday002_zpscc1d0c69.jpg

Looks like you picked up a good Ford score.....

I got nothing! Yesterday afternoon I made a trip to Michaels with my 40% off coupon in hand. I was hoping to find another Fruit Wagon kit so I could spread two of them out and build a bunch of the different versions all at once.

Michaels didn't have a big load of kits, but they had about an equal distribution of AMT and Revell kits, each on their own side of a toy display. None of the kits were on the shelves where they were marked, along with the prices. A fair showing of new releases like the Firestone 1979 Ford pickup, 1961 Rancheros, 1966 Nova and a bunch of other stuff I already have or don't need.

So I saw a lady with a big box in her cart and gave her the coupon! At least I made someone's day.

I got nothing! Yesterday afternoon I made a trip to Michaels with my 40% off coupon in hand. I was hoping to find another Fruit Wagon kit so I could spread two of them out and build a bunch of the different versions all at once.

Michaels didn't have a big load of kits, but they had about an equal distribution of AMT and Revell kits, each on their own side of a toy display. None of the kits were on the shelves where they were marked, along with the prices. A fair showing of new releases like the Firestone 1979 Ford pickup, 1961 Rancheros, 1966 Nova and a bunch of other stuff I already have or don't need.

So I saw a lady with a big box in her cart and gave her the coupon! At least I made someone's day.

Hobby Lobby had a bunch of Fruit Wagons. The stuff that sells they don't keep stocked and slow movers they keep sending them. The Fruit Wagons will be on clearance in Jan if they don't sell...

• 2 weeks later...

Got this off of Ebay for cheap. It's a replacement for one that grew legs and flew the coop. Gonna use the engine for a future chopped '32 project and the wheels will go to my stalled '49 Merc project. The rest will be built curb-side(maybe) as kind of a streetrod with modern wheels/tires.

Somebody steal your package. There is a bunch of that going on...

@Carl- No, I wasn't robbed. :lol: I had one from years ago that I had in a storage box. It was going to donate the engine and wheels/tires to two different kits. When I went to look for it again, it was gone. I have no idea where it went. Even after my wife and I recently moved it still didn't turn up. So, I got a new one and now at least two projects can get finished...eventually.

As I was saying before things went pffft:

15322186394_8b65de1006_c.jpg

15322186054_a5d08e567f_c.jpg

15918638626_69ff6629b8_c.jpg

15758706087_70001fd4d9_c.jpg

It arrived a day early and since then it's been dismantled and thoroughly cleaned, flash removed from that right-hand taillight bezel, and I checked for fit of the glass from the '64 Comet to replace the windshield. The pins on the body are a bit wide but it will work. Off to look for a spare one and to order a Modelhaus windshield frame...

I had delivered over the last few days two well discounted from ebay uk, the rally Mini at just £1.76 part built...................

1_zps97f1ddb0.jpg

SAM_6644_zpsa0b339a0.jpg

And one of the latest re- issues (I think) from Tamiya, the Honda MotoCrosser in 1.12th scale.............

SAM_6638_zps0b47d86d.jpg

I also built a Suzuki MX from Tamiya many years ago.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...