Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Just add water and you have modeled water.

Not really. There is scale effect to consider. If you look at old movies where a ship is on stormy seas, or there is a sea monster, etc, you can tell the ship is a model, the waves and spray look far too large.

OK, Tom, I'm intrigued; what's the story with the two AMX kits? They look brand new, but also appear to be antiquated MPC kits. Thanks for any clarification you can offer.

Not Tom but the AMX kits have recently been reissued. They are indeed old MPC 1/20th molds but currently are the only game in town when in comes to plastic AMX kits.

I somehow managed to resist the urge to pick up a couple more kits, but I went to Michael's and Hobby Lobby for 'supplies.' I pretty much needed everything to get an actual workbench together to get started back into modeling (rather than hunched over the dining room table). So, I snagged about $300 worth of stuff to get me started - who knew it would be so expensive to get set-up? LOL!

A quick run-down: Ott Light POG (desktop), cutting mat, large Xacto kit, Testors pin vise & bits, sprue cutters, econo-pak of brushes, blades, cement, CA, glue tips, body putty, sanding films, thinner, airbrush thinner, several Testors finishing (paint) kits (flat, gloss, automotive colors), spray paints (white, black, primer, clear dull coat, clear glossy), and got online for a couple of airbrush parts holders (one for the paint booth, one for the bench).

Thank goodness I don't need any new Iwata Eclipse or Paasche rigs - they're outrageous!

Once I get the 'bench established, it's back to work on my '95 Honda Civic VX "tribute" I started a few years back... just to get back into the groove. ;)

Got an Iwata Neo siphon feed airbrush (chosen mainly for the larger nozzle) for Christmas, a '51 Chevy hardtop body to do the '50 Olds conversion, and two half-off Michael's coupons for today and tomorrow.

And with the two Michael's coupons, got the hose for the airbrush (which Hobby Lobby didn't have :huh: ) and some silicone rubber molding putty. Now I can make the clear backup light lenses for that '64 Chevelle; I'm going to try the Mod Podge Dimensional Magic for that and let you all know if it works.

Not really. There is scale effect to consider. If you look at old movies where a ship is on stormy seas, or there is a sea monster, etc, you can tell the ship is a model, the waves and spray look far too large.

I was just making a bad joke. Forgot to add the LOL

OK, Tom, I'm intrigued; what's the story with the two AMX kits? They look brand new, but also appear to be antiquated MPC kits. Thanks for any clarification you can offer.

Kevin, as Peter said, new re-issue of the AMX, only game in town for the AMX, so I will live with the odd scale.

Cool stuff Kevin....what else is hiding out at your place....LOL...

Unfortunately, nothing. I moved out of that house about four months ago, and I had discovered these prior to that. The Schwinn and Pirates models have already been sold on, but I think I'll kept the truck, not 100% sure, as the majority of my kits are in a storage facility at the moment.

Edited by Roadrunner

Unfortunately, nothing. I moved out of that house about four months ago, and I had discovered these prior to that. The Schwinn and Pirates models have already been sold on, but I think I kept the truck, not 100% sure, as the majority of my kits are in a storage facility at the moment.

Bummer...still there cool and make a great surprise for you.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...