Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

I may have to hunt one of those down myself, just to see how it compares to the AMT and Revell/Monogram kits.

I've been playing with a LIndberg '72 or '74 or whatever it is lately. Body shape doesn't seem too bad (of course, I'm not a Challenger expert). I think I can get a pretty sharp looking Pro Touring out of the thing.

I've been playing with a LIndberg '72 or '74 or whatever it is lately. Body shape doesn't seem too bad (of course, I'm not a Challenger expert). I think I can get a pretty sharp looking Pro Touring out of the thing.

Interesting. While I'm primarily interested in the '70, I'd probably consider one of the others as well.

Revell AG 1/32 Bf 109 G-6. I've heard alot of good things about this particular kit, so i figured i'd see what all the noise was about. While not a Hasegawa Gustov, its pretty darn close!!! AND Revell got the shape of the spinner right on this one. I see quite afew more of these joining my 1/32 Geschwader!!! 

Interesting. While I'm primarily interested in the '70, I'd probably consider one of the others as well.

Me too, but if I really wanted a nice one, I'd look at grafting the front and back ends of and AMT onto the Lindberg body.

But as I said, I'm no Challenger expert at all, so don't take that as an endorsement. It looks like one to me, and the top's already on it.

As I said, I just want to do SOMETHING with it, and think it will work okay for a modern Pro Touring.

I'm intrigued by the Challenger box, Bill,... MPC kit?

Yep, Original MPC 1970 Challenger annual. In the auction also included a few pics of a 71 Challenger ( expensive and tough to find with a good body on it )

As a general rule a 70 will sell in the $50 range, a clean 71 , can easily double that. I'm in it all for about $80 delivered. Needless to say I was a happy camper to open the box and find both kits were pretty decent AND complete.

The Lindberg kits body is actually pretty accurate, and with a little work builds into a nice shelf piece. Its just the wrong year for my needs / interests.

Today I got some resin parts from Fireball Models. They are really nice- some of the best I have ever seen (and I have seen LOTS of resin parts in my day), and I got them in about a week from when I ordered them. Everything you hear about Joseph and Fireball Models is absolutely true! 

I received: 

-1/24 Mopar Police car wheels (so nice I almost don't want to use them). & I think I need these in 1/25, too!!!

-1/24 15" Minilite wheels- really, really nice. 

-1/25 Dodge Charger hubcaps (Bullitt-style). The Revell diecasts did not come with these and there hasn't been a source for these caps (except for the Danbury Mint Charger diecasts- and are you going to waste a $400 diecast for the wheelcovers?!?)- until now. These look perfect! They compare perfectly to the 1:1 cap I have in the basement (except that they are not dented & scratched!). 

- 1/25 BF Goodrich Radial T/A's in resin. These are the best T/A's I have ever seen in scale, hands down. I will need more!!!

Mail man dropped these off this afternoon. 2 very clean builtup Challengers. A complete - uncut UN-altered 70 and a clean 71 ( its had the funky rear spoiler glued to it so the deck lid will need some work. Paid less for the 2  than either one usually sells for and I got the trailer (unbuilt) and the decent 70 box

SCORE !!!!!!

challengers.jpg

Very nice score there Bill...!   What trailer..?...its not the U-Haul style one is it..?...been looking for a few of them for a large diorama project.

Very nice score there Bill...!   What trailer..?...its not the U-Haul style one is it..?...been looking for a few of them for a large diorama project.

yes. One 0f the Uhaul trailers...molded in purple.

I have a couple..so do t really have a plan for this one if u need it

A nice little package from Japan was waiting for me when I returned from vacation. It's a Daytona body kit in 1/24 scale . I hope to shove some parts from a Revell Cobra under it and have a nice display piece without engine or interior.

I'll be watching for that one. Looks like a really sweet body shell.:D

The Lindberg Challenger (originally tooled by Palmer, for their PSM brand) was heavily cribbed from MPC's kit, as was their '70 Corvette. 

So Happy to score this today, Baldwin Motion Phase lll Corvette  from the man himself Mr Gerry Chevaller of the ex- Mini exotic . enjoy i know i will...!

this is what I'm going to do with it !

BV4.JPG

BV5.JPG

BV6.JPG

IMG_0636.jpg

Edited by Mr mopar

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...