Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Irked You Today?

LokisTyro

4 hours ago, PierreR89 said:

3:rd day that i have not been able to sleep for more then an hour or two...
The days when i can sleep i end up sleeping for 13-14hrs...

Dont know why it have started to happen but it is irritating..

This may sound daft but I find sometimes when I cant get to sleep having one foot out of the covers can help. A lot of the time its body temp that causes insomnia and for some reason I dont understand this works

That works sometimes for me but not this time.
First time i know it was because it was to warm and humid out so i could not sleep, then a powerfull thunderstorm started so i just gave up..
Suddenly it was to bright outside to sleep even if i have blackout curtains, lightnings were nonstop for almost 2hrs so i just gave up..

Second and 3:rd day i have no idea what the problem was because after the thunderstorm everything cooled down so i normally dont have a problem sleeping.
But nope, no sleep for me...

When I can't sleep a small dish of ice cream will put me right out.  Something about the cold and snuggling under the covers after eating it.

And then there are times I believe I'm laying there awake, but my wife informs me that I was asleep.  Probably dreaming I was awake!

The state of Ohio want's to suspend my Licence even after I went a got the sr 22 they wanted, plus paid the reinstatement fee. I got a letter of supension today for not fileing an appeal. They gave three choices to stop the suspension  I got the sr22 and paid the fee which was option #2 Option 3 was to send a check for 30.00 for an appeal. All this because of a one car mishap back in 2000!

On 8/1/2019 at 8:25 AM, Tom Geiger said:

When I can't sleep a small dish of ice cream will put me right out.  Something about the cold and snuggling under the covers after eating it.

And then there are times I believe I'm laying there awake, but my wife informs me that I was asleep.  Probably dreaming I was awake!

Or like my sister-in-law sleeping with your eyes open!

Freaked me out the first time I saw her like that when she fell asleep in our couch when  she was about 12 years old!

On 8/1/2019 at 5:27 AM, stitchdup said:

This may sound daft but I find sometimes when I cant get to sleep having one foot out of the covers can help. A lot of the time its body temp that causes insomnia and for some reason I dont understand this works

My feet have to be covered no matter how hot it is! If not I can't sleep!LOL

3 hours ago, OldTrucker said:

My feet have to be covered no matter how hot it is! If not I can't sleep!LOL

I think I have that too. Although I can't sleep in socks. Has to be bare feet covered by a sheet (or appropriate blankets). 

10 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

I think I have that too. Although I can't sleep in socks. Has to be bare feet covered by a sheet (or appropriate blankets). 

I am the opposite, I have socks on all the time unless I am in the shower. The only time I use the covers if we are in the single digits and then it's my knees down..

A friend and I ended up doing an oil change on my Crown Vic in the dark.My friend,who helped me,didn’t have a drop light.It was driving me crazy,So I finally bought him one He does a lot of work in front of his house,at night,under a street light.So I new he was struggling with the bad lighting.Amyway,we did the oil change in no time.

19 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Political. Please don't. :(

What irked me is that we went to a party yesterday with my wife's circle of friends.  One of her closest friend's husband is an ass.  He drinks too much and attacks me with his purely fantasy political views.  After he spewed at me and stormed off, my wife and I decided it was time to go.  So yea, we don't need politics here!

Went to pay my credit card today, noticed I had a $5.95 charge from Motor Trend On Demand. I've never bought or ordered anything from Motor Trend or Motor Trend On Demand although I get emails from them almost every day. Called the CC company to have the charge removed. They told me it's on there as a recurring charge and has already been billed for next month, too. Tried to call MT, no way to communicate with them--they want me to go the website, when I do, I'm supposed to log into my account but I don't HAVE an account with them. Only way to get this off my card is to cancel the credit card and let them send me another one--which means I now have to go put the new card number with paypal, amazon, and everyone else I do legit bidness with.  THANKS Motor Trend, you exhaust holes. I will NEVER read your rag again. 

31 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

Went to pay my credit card today, noticed I had a $5.95 charge from Motor Trend On Demand.

I'd say you were either on their site, or clicked on one of their articles from another site like Facebook that had a subscription thingie buried in it  But that doesn't explain where they got your credit card info.  All you should need to do is go to your credit card people and deny the charge and any future charges from that vendor.

I had the same issue when Sam's Club shut down.  Walmart decided to keep on billing me for the annual membership each year. One call stopped it.

32 minutes ago, Tom Geiger said:

I'd say you were either on their site, or clicked on one of their articles from another site like Facebook that had a subscription thingie buried in it  But that doesn't explain where they got your credit card info.  All you should need to do is go to your credit card people and deny the charge and any future charges from that vendor.

I had the same issue when Sam's Club shut down.  Walmart decided to keep on billing me for the annual membership each year. One call stopped it.

They denied the charge, but only if I agreed to accept a new card, the logic being "Well, someone has hacked your number, they could run up other charges on it." 

4 hours ago, Snake45 said:

They denied the charge, but only if I agreed to accept a new card, the logic being "Well, someone has hacked your number, they could run up other charges on it." 

And that right there is the reason I avoid using credit cards on the web (yeah, we all know I'm a Luddite who doesn't trust much of anybody when it comes to gee-whiz-ain't-all-this-convenience-great techie stuff, but I don't get billed for stuff I didn't authorize either).  B)

4 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Keep an eye on that card for future small charges like that. That's how it starts. If someone hacked your card, they try to charge small stuff like that to see if you catch it. If not, it gets worse. Wife's Cabellas card got hacked, shut it down, and they gave us a temp card number over the phone till the new card came in. Got a notification THAT number had been hacked/ used even before we got the new card!! Lady from the card company said we were responsible for the charges!! The only 2 people who knew of the new # were the wife, and the card company...... We told them quite clearly where they could stuff that card AND the bogus charges....:angry:

On 8/6/2019 at 11:35 AM, Snake45 said:

Went to pay my credit card today, noticed I had a $5.95 charge from Motor Trend On Demand. I've never bought or ordered anything from Motor Trend or Motor Trend On Demand although I get emails from them almost every day. Called the CC company to have the charge removed. They told me it's on there as a recurring charge and has already been billed for next month, too. Tried to call MT, no way to communicate with them--they want me to go the website, when I do, I'm supposed to log into my account but I don't HAVE an account with them. Only way to get this off my card is to cancel the credit card and let them send me another one--which means I now have to go put the new card number with paypal, amazon, and everyone else I do legit bidness with.  THANKS Motor Trend, you exhaust holes. I will NEVER read your rag again. 

If you feel up to it, you may want to file a complaint with your state's Attorney General's office.  $5.95 is not a lot of money, but they are putting through the hassle of getting a new credit card, and very likely, you are not the only one that has had this happen.  At the very least, as part of the AG's investigation, you should get an explanation from Motor Trend as to what happened.