Model Cars Magazine Forum

What do YOU think is the best kit of the year ?

Too close to call between 3, 50 Olds, 57 Ford, 70 Cuda.

Bingo! All of these are winners!

And I haven't gotten a Merc woody or Slingster in my hands just yet. A while back I had bought the Tony Nancy dragster duo kit and the Fiat Double Dragster kit at the same time, at a club meeting. I got home that night and decided to check them out... man, between those two kits you could build a ton of neat stuff. I couldn't sleep that night just thinking of the possibilities. Add the Slingster into that parts box and man, we could have some serious fun here!

The good part is that we have great new kits from RM & Moebius and Round 2 modified reissues. We are headed for a new high in the hobby as more and more of us reach retirement age and have more time to devote to leisure activities like our hobbies. Good things to come!

Isn't it nice to see so many different suggestions because we have so many NICE new kits out?

Not too long ago we would be measuring how much the flashing has grown since the last 15 re-issues of Revells horrible `55 Chevy or Henry J. Or we would be championing the new addition of a set of crummy wheels on the latest version of an old Camaro kit. Not this year. We have Mobius and Revell and Monogram and all the import manufactures giving us Hemi Cuda's, Vintage rail dragsters, contemporary popular imports, and neat old Fifties iron. :)

I think every kit is a winner and are living in the best times in our silly little hobby. Look around you and smile…….

We have quite a selection of new kits this year. The ones that I have purchased this year but have not started are the Le Ferrari that is a nice kit. The 69 Shelby convertible. I'm looking forward to that one and it looks better than my Mini Exotics resin version that I built. I will be getting the 70 Hemi Cuda and the 56 300B. I'm also looking forward to the 49 mercury woody.

My vote would have to go to the 57 ford. I bought the police version and started it. It's going together so nice and I'm enjoying it. So much so that I bought a second police version.

We have quite a selection of new kits this year. The ones that I have purchased this year but have not started are the Le Ferrari that is a nice kit. The 69 Shelby convertible. I'm looking forward to that one and it looks better than my Mini Exotics resin version that I built. I will be getting the 70 Hemi Cuda and the 56 300B. I'm also looking forward to the 49 mercury woody.

My vote would have to go to the 57 ford. I bought the police version and started it. It's going together so nice and I'm enjoying it. So much so that I bought a second police version.

Your station wagon photo if they would make a kit of one

I would assume that it meant those kits actually release en masse during 2013. Sometimes older released kits are still sitting on shelves. It would not include those. If you are speaking of the release being scheduled during 2013, but not making true release until 2014, I would not think those would be 2013 releases in reality.