Model Cars Magazine Forum

60 Ford Starliner Restomod (Added a few more pics)

microwheel

Jim, that is a beautiful job you did on that Ford......the paint is an unusual combination that works really well, the under hood and chassis detailing is spot on. I open the doors on just about everything I build so I love to see other guys do it too........so on that point I have one small trick for you that will improve the look of the door opening job. If you grind down the inner profile of the open door, the door skin will have a much more realistic look. When I look at the picture with the door open and see the unrealistic thickness of the outer door panel, it just hurts the look of the build............you obviously put in the time and added so much detail so that one little point could be the difference. Either way, this is a beautiful, and different build.

Thanks Peter, Its been alot of years, around the mid 90's, since I did any model building, I did alot back then and even did alot of shows around the midwest. But life threw me a bunch of curve balls and I had to give it up. A little over a year ago, I was able to get back into it, and have had to rebuild my supplies and tools. Im still not where I need to be with everything. I am also having to shake the rust off of my skills and it is taking time.. I do know what you mean about the doors. I love opening doors when I can. It took your comment to remind me of what I used to do years ago.. I still need to get a roto tool for grinding, but It is now on the top of my list. This build was a test for me to see if I could still do things the way I used too.. It helped me remember alot what I used to do, but I know I still have that rust thing to shake off as well as catching up on some of the new after market guys out there. And then of course there are all the kits that have come out since I got out of the hobby. Enough to make a guy's head spin lol.

That is one TOTALLY SUPER BUILD Jim!!

I really like "everything" about this!!

Sharp clean and Your detailing on it is "WOW!"

Any chance of a clearer front end shot?

That engine looks great in it!

Those rims are Dynomite!!

Thank You so very much for sharing with Us here

Looking forward to more

Later

Russ

;)

Edited by rustybill1960

Great job.realistic scale details and finish.Really a model to be proud of.

You mentioned wanting to get a rorary tool for thinning door jambs,I would suggest looking into the Dremel Stylus model.It's extremely handy as it's finger tip contrled much like a stylus for a tablet device.They are battery powered so there's no cord to mess with either.I got mine on line as none of the LHS I have available do not handle them.You can add their # 4486 multichuck that fits all the tools tips you'll ever need and you'll be ginder'sheaven!

Edited by misterNNL