Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you see on the road today?

I had some business over at the courthouse the other day and a judge rolled up in this. I am willing to bet that I am the only one here that has seen one of these this month! Heck, I willing to bet no one else has seen one of these this year. ;)2cv_zpsnird4id6.jpg

Edited by Pete J.
correct spelling

Wrong ? Here in Sacramento, Ca there is a guy that drives one around here looks the same as that one same two tone paint job, I will keep an eye out for it in hopes of getting a Pic 

I think they are Neat Cars just finished the Tamiya kit Version of this 2CV be posting it in the Under Glass Section Soon ?

While it was rusty and the paint was dull, this still put my 2013 Impala to shame. In the front view, you can see my machine to the top, left of center. Seen at Midsouth Hobbies today, the best hobby shop east of the Mississippi (and yes, I've been to a good chunk of them):

20151111_142757.jpg

20151111_142812 - Copy.jpg

Wrong ? Here in Sacramento, Ca there is a guy that drives one around here looks the same as that one same two tone paint job, I will keep an eye out for it in hopes of getting a Pic 

I think they are Neat Cars just finished the Tamiya kit Version of this 2CV be posting it in the Under Glass Section Soon ?

Well, there goes that theory!  I thought about adding "only in Southern California" when I posted this and that would have been true.  Frankly, even I was a little surprised to see it here.  There is another one running around San Diego and it is all gray.  Nothing like a funky little French car to brighten the day.:D

So I am sitting in my family room, catching up on the latest episode of American Pickers and I hear the sound of a big diesel coming from the side street.  My neighbor has one of those jacked up, big tired AWD pickups, so I don't think anything of it, but the idling diesel continues for a good 10 minutes and I think "WTF dude"  and go out to investigate and this is what I see.  Now, I know that when someone calls 911 with an medical emergency(there was an ambulance in front of this) they bring medics and a fire truck to be sure they have everything they might need, but an ambulance, Hook and ladder and a regular fire truck?  Must have been time to exercise the big boy!  That is the only reason I can think of to bring this monster into a residential area. 

FD in the back yard.jpg

So I am sitting in my family room, catching up on the latest episode of American Pickers and I hear the sound of a big diesel coming from the side street.  My neighbor has one of those jacked up, big tired AWD pickups, so I don't think anything of it, but the idling diesel continues for a good 10 minutes and I think "WTF dude"  and go out to investigate and this is what I see.  Now, I know that when someone calls 911 with an medical emergency(there was an ambulance in front of this) they bring medics and a fire truck to be sure they have everything they might need, but an ambulance, Hook and ladder and a regular fire truck?  Must have been time to exercise the big boy!  That is the only reason I can think of to bring this monster into a residential area. 

FD in the back yard.jpg

The dude by the engine is all dressed up, somebody had a fire, at least a small one. They wouldn't be in turnouts and SCBA for a medical. As there is no hose deployed, I'd guess there was either a smell of smoke, or a small fire that the home owner extinguished, but called the fire department to come and check it out.

The dude by the engine is all dressed up, somebody had a fire, at least a small one. They wouldn't be in turnouts and SCBA for a medical. As there is no hose deployed, I'd guess there was either a smell of smoke, or a small fire that the home owner extinguished, but called the fire department to come and check it out.

Some kid melting sprue to stretch it like he read in this forum. Mom smelled it and freaked out.:D

While on the way to work I came acrossed 2 square body S10's. One long bed extended cab in good shape and an S10  Blazer with nice paint and large wheels almost donk style. Have not seenn many in these parts this late in the year for ages. 

Saw a few interesting cars this week.  Saw a red VW Clasico the other afternoon, basically a Mexican market update of a Jetta from 10-15 years ago, with Sinoloa plates.   At my favorite Mexican restaurant Thursday night, there was a sharp tan and brown two tone '36 Chevy 5 window coupe parked out front. Also saw a clean black '69 Cadillac de Ville convertible yesterday, top down in traffic.

On Holiday in Sicily I spotted this. The occupants looked like they were straight out of an Italian romantic comedy. He around 50 y/o, dressed in grey slacks to match the car, white shirt with cuffs turned back and silver grey hair. She, wearing a tight red flowered skirt, sleeveless, chiffon head scarf and sunglasses.

I felt it a bit rude to zoom in and just snap them. They headed off to the marina and onto a motor launch mored there. i did not get a good look but it may have been a Riva or an old Chris Craft........and my Mrs was nagging at me for wasting time taking pictures of old cars.

To me this is possibly the most desirable convertible of all time, despite that I still think either the rear wheels are to for back or the rear overhang is around 12 inches short.

Simply Gorgeous.

J

This one.png

We've had to call our local FD numerous times to get Mom to the hospital and they have brought out some decently sized equipment for it, nothing that big for this small town though. They were here again this past Sunday (and yes, we will be spending Thanksgiving at the Hospital), there was even a uniformed officer with them in an older, body on frame with  4wheel independant suspension unmarked Explorer this time.........which is a first?!

Edited by Joe Handley

This morning, on the Harbor Freeway near Torrance CA, I saw a Fisker Karma. Since I was driving along the freeway I couldn't take a photo, wish I could have. This is only the third Fisker I've seen, the others were a few years ago. It's a very nice looking car.

At lunch, I saw a bright green '15 Challenger R/T convertible w black wheels rolling along in traffic, top down. Saw 2 Bentley Continental convertibles, one black, one dark blue. All within a mile around my office.   On the way home this afternoon, I saw a '65 Shelby GT350 in white w/ blue stripes, a white '75-75 Cadillac Eldorado convertible and a dark red '66-67 Lincoln Continental convertible (both top down)..

Not really 'on the road'  so to speak.  More like from my driveway to the trailer.

1970 Dodge Dart 340 4spd car. ( now with a 416 stroker . Its looks all stock but trust me,,once on the loud pedal its a far cry from factory stock ) 

Its a car I did some work on for a client, and we took it back to him Wednesday afternoon.

20151202_093429.jpg

20151202_093454.jpg

20151202_094550_HDR.jpg

• 2 weeks later...