Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you see on the road today?

Saw several nice vintage Fords this morning...a light blue w/ white top '63 Falcon convertible, a gorgeous black '64 T-Bird convertible, top down, Sports Roadster tonneau cover over the back seat, wire wheels....and a very clean light blue w/ white top 4dr Fairmont Futura Zephyr (Fairmont tailights, 4 headlight Futura front, and Mercury Zephyr badging on the decklid).

Saw a dark rootbeer brown '16 Passat wagon in traffic, I think it was the plug-in hybrid Euro spec model,had the C-shaped LED front running lights in the lower fascia. Had a strange license plate--an AZ plate in dark blue w/ white characters. Hmmm...VW evaluating a prototype here? They haven't sold a Passat wagon in the US in years..

Saw a dark rootbeer brown '16 Passat wagon in traffic, I think it was the plug-in hybrid Euro spec model,had the C-shaped LED front running lights in the lower fascia. Had a strange license plate--an AZ plate in dark blue w/ white characters. Hmmm...VW evaluating a prototype here? They haven't sold a Passat wagon in the US in years..

And they won't be selling the Euro Passat here ever. Since it is on the MQB platform like the new Golf and A3, I suspect that they were testing something powertrain-related that will see in some other MQB car. Or I could be full of it.

Edited by Rodent

Saw a dark rootbeer brown '16 Passat wagon in traffic,

Back when I worked in Pearl River, NY, my daily commute was to get off the Garden State Parkway in Montvale, NJ. This was home to Mercedes Benz, Smart and BMW US headquarters so you never knew just what you'd see on the local roads wearing NJ Manufacturers tags. In the day they had all the Smart Euro models trekking around, and odd Euro cars like new Peugeots, Fiats and the like that they must've been testing.

Well, what I didn't see coming was the deer that came running across the road and hit my rear driver-side door. If she ran a few seconds later, the guy on the motorcycle would have been broad-sided by her. Lucky for him...she didn't, but he saw the whole incident and stopped. Now I have a nice dent in the door just ahead of the rear edge under the door handle with a crease that cracked the paint.

Didn't get pics of it but I heard something outside our front window and didn't pay attention to it and my wife came in and told me to go out and get my car back. I looked outside and here sits an all black Maserati idling at the curb. He was next door picking up his daughter!!!!!

Maserati Quattroporte Sport GTS

this is what it was, not the actual car in photo..

Maserati-Quattroporte-Sport-GT-S_1.jpg

brand new [4 miles] 15 'vette in my bay at work this morning, took a little test drive in it, then finished the pre delivery check on it. boy these things are quick, i can't imagine what full throttle in 7th gear is like.....

No photo but as a follow up to my Tesla posts, my nephew who just graduated high school just got an internship at Tesla. I guess telling them that your family owns two kinda puts you to the head of the list. Got a feeling that I'll be seeing a lot more Teslas!

Going to work this morning saw a red longbed '69 Ford Ranger pickup in traffic in solid condition w/ a rack w/ ladders and a wheelbarrow in the back...neat to see a truck that old still on the job...

Saw one of the new Jeep Renegades in person for the first time in a light tan, neat little wagon. Also saw a new GMC Canyon short bed crew cab in dark green, first I've seen of the new generation..very sharp pickup.

Edited by Rob Hall

I like that little Jeep Renegade. Like a Jeep only smaller! Italian design, I believe it's kin to the Fiat 500 wagon. Local dealer is advertising $1200 or so off a Renegade but something like $5000 off the little Fiat. Hate to say, that odd looking little Fiat wagon is growing on me.