Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you see on the road today?

4 hours ago, Rocking Rodney Rat said:

961132727_pooplife.png.4c4f4013cc54c677d6fb41ab81dbf3c1.png

I had an Ex Brother in law years ago who had a pumping business. He had "Honey Dipper" painted on the side of the tank on his truck. I guess such a job is a little more enjoyable if you have a sense of humor. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Can-Con said:

No, "just" about 18 and 1/2 feet. 😉

Yeah, the largest American regular cars were about 235 inches or 19 feet and change.  The only cars over 20 feet were limos like Cadillac Fleetwood 75s, Crown Imperials, etc…

4 minutes ago, Rob Hall said:

Yeah, the largest American regular cars were about 235 inches or 19 feet and change.  The only cars over 20 feet were limos like Cadillac Fleetwood 75s, Crown Imperials, etc…

Thank you Robert . . . and I stand corrected ! . . . My 1968 Pontiac Parisienne 4-door that I owned back in 1977 was 19 feet in length if I remember correctly.

David

13 hours ago, Anglia105E said:

Thank you Robert . . . and I stand corrected ! . . . My 1968 Pontiac Parisienne 4-door that I owned back in 1977 was 19 feet in length if I remember correctly.

David

They were just a tick over 18 feet.

The Electra that's been in out family since '74 is 18 and 3/4 feet and it's definitely longer then a Parisienne. 

119963003 3469861136399513 855888734 o

Edited by Can-Con

4 hours ago, Can-Con said:

They were just a tick over 18 feet.

The Electra that's been in out family since '74 is 18 and 3/4 feet and it's definitely longer then a Parisienne. 

119963003 3469861136399513 855888734 o

Thank you Steve . . . Okay, so I don't know my facts when it comes to the lengths of American and Canadian cars. Guilty as charged . . . Sorry guys !

That is a nice Electra you have there Steve, and you must be proud to have the car in your family since 1974.

David

I was driving so didn't get a picture, besides it was in the opposing land going the other direction. I will try to describe as best I can. Believe it to be some form of Toyota, not from this current decade. The paint is what caught my eye.  Looked like the body had been chrome plated, then shot with candy green, it had yellow headlight buckets.  Reminded me a whole lot of earlier hot wheels cars. IMHO it looked like the north end of a southbound goat.

Edit: It was the same color as this.

20230422_155508.jpg

Edited by TarheelRick