Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you see on the road today?

On 10/26/2023 at 3:41 PM, iamsuperdan said:

And this is a little unique. We just added the Ford Performance FP700 package to one of our trucks. 2023 F150 XLT.

22" wheels, exhaust, some stripes, custom leather, dashboard plate, and a supercharger. Now putting out around 700hp. Hence the name of the package.

I'm trying to convince them to lower the truck a little. A 4/5" drop would look awesome on this. 

Not sure why we added the ugly mudflaps though.

20231020_073216.jpg

20231020_073244.jpg

20231020_073324.jpg

20231020_073348.jpg

20231020_073353.jpg

What MPH will it do flat out?

I’m guessing it was a four door. The back seat is a bench that was shortened so people could go past it without climbing. Pretty cool, but up close it had some flaws, like the upper window frame that was not a smooth line. Overall it was a nice ride. 

BE0BCE58-CC8A-4C88-AFC5-8B880BD03CAE.jpeg

C71D59BD-BF70-4A74-912B-7A8674011A12.jpeg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LDO said:

I’m guessing it was a four door. The back seat is a bench that was shortened so people could go past it without climbing. Pretty cool, but up close it had some flaws, like the upper window frame that was not a smooth line. Overall it was a nice ride. 

Suburbans back then were two doors.  The orange one might have been a panel truck w/ side windows added, or they removed the pillar between the side windows when they chopped the top.   This is what the regular Suburban side window treatment looked like: 

1950_chevrolet_carryall_suburban_1618359424489a97de540aExterior-02.jpeg.webp

Edited by Rob Hall
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, LDO said:

BE0BCE58-CC8A-4C88-AFC5-8B880BD03CAE.jpeg

C71D59BD-BF70-4A74-912B-7A8674011A12.jpeg

See Rob Halls post. As a school aged child one of the early school buses that I had to ride in was one of these window Suburbans. The front passenger seat would flip forward to allow entry to the rear portion of the bus. The second seat would allow two people to sit on the second-row bench and the opening allowed students to get to the rear bench seat. 

18 hours ago, Big John said:

On my noon walk I came across this incredible Chevy Fleatline doe the the MAX!  All the bells and whistles, so to speak.  The last is the Trunk latch.

Chevy Fleatline FQ.jpg

Chevy Fleatline RQ.jpg

CF Wheel.jpg

CF Trunk Latch.jpg

While not a style I would own, you have to appreciate the way this owner has built this car. This is an excellent example of this style of car. 

on my way to work this morning im sitting at a red light and a Hummer H2 pulls up next to me, as im thinking huh you never see anymore, i hear a slight rumbling.  i look forward and no BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH, a red DeTomaso Pantera is making a left turn in front of me!  i think that's the first one of those iv ever seen in person.

6 minutes ago, Suburban_Hooligan said:

... a red DeTomaso Pantera is making a left turn in front of me!  i think that's the first one of those iv ever seen in person.

There was a yellow one that ran around in the East End of Louisville in the early seventies. I saw it quite a few times over a couple of years. The rumor was that it cost over $10,000!😲

4 hours ago, SSNJim said:

There was a yellow one that ran around in the East End of Louisville in the early seventies. I saw it quite a few times over a couple of years. The rumor was that it cost over $10,000!😲

I remember when Mercury dealers were blowing new Panteras out for $7500.

On 11/8/2023 at 3:17 PM, TonyK said:

That Ford's Garage looks like a cool place. Do they only park the old cars out front on nice days?

They were both on jack stands, so I think they were just there as decoration out front.  But the Model A had its lights on.  Not sure if they were runners or not.  They had a sedan installed over the bar and several bodies/engines around the inside.  Food was outstanding.  :)