Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you see on the road today?

On Monday I drove to the city (Helsinki, Finland) as I had to stop by at a small shop... As usual there was nothing interesting in the traffic (if the '74 Malibu I was driving doesn't count), until I saw this pretty clean Volvo Amazon Wagon parked on a street. Volvo Amazon was pretty popular car back in the day and you can still see them sometimes in traffic. But these wagons are not as common as the two or four door sedans.

PC022149.JPG?img=medium

Forgot about this thread..... just driving downtown Prescott in my '69 Chevy pickup, a Ferrari in front.... oh wait, two ..... oh what's that on the right ..... oh wait, what's over to the left ....
IMG_0745_Fotor.thumb.jpg.2bd3c8847f26dc26a64442787f1f6d10.jpg

I confess, a friend called me: "You downtown?" Me: "No, why?"  Him: "Bunch of Ferraris, more pulling in."  ~click~
IMG_0750_Fotor.thumb.jpg.2cf29acec358635926541b02f55f26eb.jpg

Wish I had been quicker with the cam... (phone is slow) but right through the light on a flat bed trailer is a (very nice) German Panzer IV tank!!  Going down the street in my podunk town.20191014_120328.thumb.jpg.5990fc662470c39655bb7d630371466d.jpg

Then I saw this... an E-Type Jag... bizarre stuff for these parts!20190919_174516.thumb.jpg.75ad4af0db3a0c91a2a7c2354141aa09.jpg

Then this one... very sharp for a 4door.20190614_161121.thumb.jpg.2a485e703c0bf0e85653e876f002f66e.jpg

Then this guy rolled up and made my day!!! Wish there was a kit... gonna have to scratch build one someday!

20170928_141950.thumb.jpg.1850a4ef3c4eed09bc9f350cac5d5f78.jpg

I see alot of wild stuff for such a small town... but then car scene here is HUGE!

55 minutes ago, LL3 Model Worx said:

It just shocks me that something that unique that's been around that long hasn't been kitted...

I'll have to make one.

I can just see it now...  the kit gets done and people on this board will be complaining about the shape of the valve covers!   

1 hour ago, Tom Geiger said:

I can just see it now...  the kit gets done and people on this board will be complaining about the shape of the valve covers!   

Hahaha!

Or "the Weiner is bulged in all the wrong places... "

All the puns/potential puns would run amok...

After all, a bunch of guys are on a model car forum discussing the intricacies of their weiner.

It would be both an awsome kit and hilarious!

"That Weiner definitely contains filler" 

Edited by LL3 Model Worx

1 hour ago, LL3 Model Worx said:

Hahaha!

Or "the Weiner is bulged in all the wrong places... "

All the puns/potential puns would run amok...

After all, a bunch of guys are on a model car forum discussing the intricacies of their weiner.

It would be both an awsome kit and hilarious!

"That Weiner definitely contains filler" 

And then there’s the discussion of what color the weiner is, etc etc ?

A few years ago when I visited “The Henry Ford”, the museum had an old weinermobile or two. So, that might be the place to start your research for the prototype weiner...?

Edited by ToyLvr

25 minutes ago, ToyLvr said:

And then there’s the discussion of what color the weiner is, etc etc ?

A few years ago when I visited “The Henry Ford”, the museum had an old weinermobile or two. Apparently the originals had Ford chassis. So, that might be the place to start your research for the prototype weiner...?

And in 1/25, said weiner would be just a shade under 13 inches long...oh brother....lol!

Gonna require big rubber.... and I don't have any in the parts box lol.

I remember when I was a child when one of the Weinermobiles came thru town they where actually cooking hot dogs and handing them out for free along with a weiner whistle. No health departments to worry about back then. Somewhere I think I still have that whistle, shaped like a miniature weiner.  

10 minutes ago, Rob Hall said:

Maybe 6-7 years ago one morning I was driving to work in Tempe, AZ and passed a Weinermobile going over the bridge at Tempe Town Lake.  That's the only time I've ever seen one..

I had a similar experience on the way to work years ago, only it was the “Peeps-Mobile”. I never even knew there was such a thing until that day?