Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you see on the road today?

31 minutes ago, Maindrian Pace said:

IMG_1968.thumb.jpg.1e9af3d8f35ba40e966dd3e4200582e0.jpg

Starliner's were a very special looking Ford at that time. Look at this car and imagen the narrow band above the side windows painted a high metallic Gold and the interior in the factory Black & Yellow.  I remember see just that in a neighbors driveway on my way to school. Before that he drove a Black '57 Ford convertible with a Black Top and the Black and White Interior. I'd say he liked Fords and he had a good taste in color selections also.  

Didn't get to make any pictures, but went on a motor bike ride yesterday.

The score: white Huracan Convertible, BMW Z3 M Coupe, 59 Impala 4 door, big early sixties American convertible, Red Magnum Ferrari, 599 GTO and a handfull of Porsches. Quite the score for The Netherlands (for me at least).

On 4/6/2020 at 12:12 AM, Pete J. said:

NOTHING!  My car hasn't moved in a month and a half!  Doc, lifts the driving restriction on Tuesday.  We will see then  if there is anything out there worth reporting!

Remember to start it and let it run for a few minutes every few days to keep the battery up and the fluids circulating. Tire pressures can also drop when a vehicle sits idle.stay safe everyone.

2 hours ago, misterNNL said:

Remember to start it and let it run for a few minutes every few days to keep the battery up and the fluids circulating. Tire pressures can also drop when a vehicle sits idle.stay safe everyone.

Yes this is quite important. I work at this Chevy dealer and it is very important to run them . I have a c6 corvette that’s sits. Battery tender and you have to run her. 

Since we have a $500 fine in effect if you're just out cruising I just look out the window and wait for the Mail Man, pretty bad when that's the high point of your day. That white Jeep with the blue and red striping is to look pretty good. 

I saw 2 police vans and a patrol car and 8 or so policemen and women in the process of closing down some incident or other. All well inside the 2 metre 'safety zone'. The most stupid bit was that they actually took the 'suspect' out of one van and marched him to the other one - so he gets to be in close contact with a whole bunch of rozzers and infect or be infected by not one but two police vans.

Yesterday I was parked outside the local supermarket in my 25 year old 530i Touring and a proper bobbed Harley blatted into the next parking bay. Black, proper high apes and big fat back tyre. Rider was wearing shades and cutoffs. I stuck my thumb up as he glanced over - and he completely ignored me and walked into the shop. He seemed to ignore the queue of customers who had been waiting outside as well. Straight out of Sonny Barger's textbook.

6 minutes ago, DonW said:

I saw 2 police vans and a patrol car and 8 or so policemen and women in the process of closing down some incident or other. All well inside the 2 metre 'safety zone'. The most stupid bit was that they actually took the 'suspect' out of one van and marched him to the other one - so he gets to be in close contact with a whole bunch of rozzers and infect or be infected by not one but two police vans.

Yesterday I was parked outside the local supermarket in my 25 year old 530i Touring and a proper bobbed Harley blatted into the next parking bay. Black, proper high apes and big fat back tyre. Rider was wearing shades and cutoffs. I stuck my thumb up as he glanced over - and he completely ignored me and walked into the shop. He seemed to ignore the queue of customers who had been waiting outside as well. Straight out of Sonny Barger's textbook.

You should have gotten out of the safety of your car and grabbed him and explained how rude he was being. I'll bet no one waiting in line said a thing let alone a store employee.  

On 4/9/2020 at 4:34 PM, sfhess said:

Where's the dealer sticker with the "market adjustment" gouge price?

On the right. Seems everyone has a problem with the adjustment price. I also have a problem with it. But it’s been going on forever. I remember a pantera with a $1000 mark up. The sticker was $9995.00 plus $1000. This was 1970. The dealers can get away with it. So it goes on....... As usual, people with the most money buy it. I know it’s not right but that’s life. By the way , if you can not read it , it is $20,000

2 hours ago, Brudda said:

On the right. Seems everyone has a problem with the adjustment price. I also have a problem with it. But it’s been going on forever. I remember a pantera with a $1000 mark up. The sticker was $9995.00 plus $1000. This was 1970. The dealers can get away with it. So it goes on....... As usual, people with the most money buy it. I know it’s not right but that’s life. By the way , if you can not read it , it is $20,000

I recall right after the big refresh of the Mustang in 2005.  I went to a Ford dealer for some reason or another and there was one on the lot.  Just a plain vanilla 6 cyl with auto and in Legend Lime.  Even that had a dealer markup of $5k on a sticker of something like $21K.   I was polite and didn't ask about the salesman's smoking habits.  There's just a certain percentage of people that just have to have the latest shiny new thing and will spare no expense to do so.  In fact Apple has based their entire marketing ethos on those types.  (Observation off)

Getting back does it speak poorly of me that the first thing I looked for after seeing it was a Yugo was the amount of rust evident?  Oxymorons: jumbo shrimp and Yugo Sport.

Edited by The Junkman