Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you see on the road today?

13 hours ago, mk11 said:

Reminded me of an old Dodge I saw in a parade- with front and back steering axles, he had it crabbing down the road. Jumped out and just stepped on a cleat to lift himself back up to the cab. Wish I had a pic. 

Google "bigfoot tire walk" ?

18 hours ago, Dave Ambrose said:

This weekend, my wife and I were driving south on the Pacific Coast Highway, south of Cardiff. We encountered a motorcycle club driving north. That wouldn’t be unusual, except these people were riding Vespas instead of Harleys. 

Reminds me of the time I saw a biker club going down Market St in San Francisco, in February, every man jack of them wearing kilts.  Brrrr

Stopped in the local gas station the other day to fill up my ranger and this was just pulling away from the other side pump.  BTW there was a Ford 350 pulling the trailer, guess he wanted to make sure to get it home.

256.jpg

Edited by TarheelRick

On 7/16/2020 at 6:44 AM, landman said:

Not exactly on the road, but around the corner from here. A Lincoln Town Car and its grandparents

IMG_0092.JPG

WoW !

I never knew the Metropolitan grew into the Town Car. Thanks for the history lesson. 

No pics because I happened to see something I recognized from a distance on the highway. I knew it was a mid 50s station wagon and a Chevy. I wasn’t sure if it was a ‘55, ‘56, or ‘57. Told the missus hold tight cuz I gotta see what car that is. I sped up just enough to get a positive ID. Sure enough, it was ‘57 Chevy Nomad. I have never seen one up close or on the highway in all my years of driving. As I passed him, I gave the driver of the Nomad a thumbs up and he smiled and waved. This happened a couple days ago.

Edited by BlackSheep214

On 7/7/2020 at 11:44 AM, Earl Marischal said:

This beauty was parked at Howden Railway Station earlier today. Even has period perfect Michelin XAS tyres.

steve

IMG_0594.JPG

IMG_0595.JPG

Beautiful! A chap who used to bring his sons to our regional BMX racing had a safari, estate version, fantastic!

On 6/22/2020 at 11:23 PM, Goose1957 said:

Not sure if this belongs here or in the weird car thread, but I came across this thread first . Saw this yesterday while shopping. Kinda cool, mabey they should have done a factory job for the mini pickup crowd.

Jeff 

20200621_100014.jpg

20200621_100030.jpg

Plenty of room in the back for groceries!

No pix... last night my wife and I were headed home from my daughter’s house in NJ to our home in PA..  easy ride of NJ Turnpike to PA Turnpike until.. once in PA the Turnpike shut down at midnight for construction and they pushed all traffic off to Route 95 through Philadelphia.  About same distance and time, especially at 12-1am.. but..  Philly news always has news coverage of street racing mishaps with huge accidents of cars that disintegrated at high speed but I had never witnessed it.  

So here we are on a populated highway going maybe 75 and suddenly the car gets rocked by a Dodge Charger flying by at 100, with a Mustang GT right on its tail.  This happened at least five times.. mainly Dodge Chargers or Challengers, one Camaro and a handful of tuners within inches of our car. Quickly changing lanes with zero clearance. Dangerous stuff!

Edited by Tom Geiger

2 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

No pix... last night my wife and I were headed home from my daughter’s house in NJ to our home in PA..  easy ride of NJ Turnpike to PA Turnpike until.. once in PA the Turnpike shut down at midnight for construction and they pushed all traffic off to Route 95 through Philadelphia.  About same distance and time, especially at 12-1am.. but..  Philly news always has news coverage of street racing mishaps with huge accidents of cars that disintegrated at high speed but I had never witnessed it.  

So here we are on a populated highway going maybe 75 and suddenly the car gets rocked by a Dodge Charger flying by at 100, with a Mustang GT right on its tail.  This happened at least five times.. mainly Dodge Chargers or Challengers, one Camaro and a handful of tuners within inches of our car. Quickly changing lanes with zero clearance. Dangerous stuff!

I have seen that too, around that area at about that same time. Cars and motorcycles. They don't have much regard for "civilians" and there didn't seem to be much, if any police presence either. 

"Where were you in '62?"

gYeMfHll.jpg

mriki6Ll.jpg

These are actually my neighbor's vehicles. He's the kind of guy who you'd WANT to buy a car from.  He's restored at least 10-15 cars that I know of, including the scoot and the Ranchero. The scoot is for sale if you'rr interested.  Note: 98% of his business is insurance and he's VERY picky regarding bail bonds. 

Edited by The Junkman