Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you see on the road today?

Mother in law and stepfather in law moved to Prescott from SoCal in 1992. He died in 1999, she lived there until 2012 when her health got so bad that she moved here. She died in late 2012. Spent plenty of time there, including trips to Jerome.

7 hours ago, Modelbuilder Mark said:

Cool looking truck, but the bed looks wrong.

I think part of the problem was that the shade of red varied between the cab and bed.

7 hours ago, Rodent said:

It is. Studebaker got the tooling from Dodge to make the Spaceside beds instead of tooling their own.

You can definitely tell the bed is made by Dodge.

Later-

Walking back from the grocery store last evening, I saw a pretty nice Cameo. Non-factory grey with the white accent, lowered a bit with aftermarket wheels. There is a classic Chevy parts place in the nearby industrial area, so he may have been coming from there. No pics, I had a grocery bag in each hand.....

Caravan of 16 Beetles, a dune buggy, a Type 3 fastback, and a Golf VII. No pictures, sorry. They were kind of blended into traffic. I only figured out how many there were because I passed them all, but got in a left turn lane and they passed me before I got the green. I had forgotten how attractive the Type 3 really was.

They were headed toward Old Town Folsom, I don't know if there was an impromptu show going on or what....

On 2/21/2021 at 9:58 PM, sfhess said:

Saturday:  A caravan of Healeys:  Bugeye Sprite, Jensen Healey and a 100-6.
Aston Martin DBX.
65 Pontiac Grand Prix.

You get to see the coolest stuff! (but never have any pics....... :P)

Just kidding. SoCal has always been and always will be the hot bed for anything automotive. I look at Craigslist in LA often for that very reason........