Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Pleased You Today!

James2

My counselor asked me a few days ago if I liked to read....... Well, sure I do! I mentioned that I liked Poe, and he said he might have a book with some of his work in it. He shows up today with this book! It's over 100 years old!

SDC10983.JPG.d76e28684cedbe492be0465fddc0534b.JPG

This is written on the inside of the cover........

SDC10985.JPG.3812128606e61f58d20134e9ef534539.JPG

It's dated Jan. 29, 1923........

So, not only do I get to read and handle a century-old book, I get to read some of Poe's work that I haven't yet! Very cool, to me!

• Like 8

3 hours ago, JollySipper said:

My counselor asked me a few days ago if I liked to read....... Well, sure I do! I mentioned that I liked Poe, and he said he might have a book with some of his work in it. He shows up today with this book! It's over 100 years old!

SDC10983.JPG.d76e28684cedbe492be0465fddc0534b.JPG

This is written on the inside of the cover........

SDC10985.JPG.3812128606e61f58d20134e9ef534539.JPG

It's dated Jan. 29, 1923........

So, not only do I get to read and handle a century-old book, I get to read some of Poe's work that I haven't yet! Very cool, to me!

image.png.1f0a5a5a046f9d5651b6b3936bcac172.png

https://www.thefamilyparmelee.com/o-obits1997.html

The Lotus racer that I got from E Bay will come with it's original box and what I found about it came as a surprise. It was made by a company that I haven't even heard of called "Industro-Motive. I did some online detective work and all I could find on it was that it was based in Troy Michigan like AMT was and it only had a brief existence back in the 60s. If anybody is familiar with the company's history, please feel free to share. 

Edited by John M.

1 hour ago, John M. said:

The Lotus racer that I got from E Bay will come with it's original box and what I found about it came as a surprise. It was that it was made by a company that I haven't even heard of called "Industro-Motive. I did some online detective work and all I could find on it was that it was based in Troy Michigan like AMT was and it only had a brief existence back in the 60s. If anybody is familiar with the company's history, please feel free to share. 

That's IMC, who made some really cool kits of interesting, highly-detailed cars and trucks with lotsa opening features, widely bashed as "too fiddly" and "unbuildable", and aircraft.

Many have been re-released over the years under other labels, including Lindberg, Testors, and Union.

While they were indeed challenging, in the hands of skilled modelers, they could turn out stellar models.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy
CLARITY

7 minutes ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

That's IMC, who made some really cool kits of interesting cars, but widely bashed as "too fiddly" and "unbuildable".

Many have been re-released over the years under other labels, including Union and Testors.

While they were indeed challenging, in the hands of skilled modelers, they could turn out stellar models.

Thanks Bill. I do recall that IMC was out of Troy Michigan like AMT was. 

Got my "staging tent" reskinned with new tarps just before the rain came.

All it is is one of those cheapo "portable garages" that a freindamine gave me after his neighborhood Karen reported him to the zoning people.

It lasted for several years in my back yard, and I've been storing not-too-valuable tools and parts in it prior to moving.

Last windy rain storm, a limb came down, punched a hole in the top of it, and I didn't notice until last week.

A few things got soaked and ruined, but nothing irreplaceable.

Anyway, now it's watertight again.

More concert tickets!

Extreme and Living Colour are coming to town in September. Two of my fav bands, and they've never come here before.

Also, I reluctantly sold my Lightning. With the price drops that have happened, and the price drops coming, it was time to sell before the used market completely dies on these. And I sold it for more that I paid, so yay fleet incentives and rebates!

On a related note, there are insane deals right now on remaining 2023 models, so I picked up another F150. This time a Lariat with the PowerBoost hybrid engine.

• Like 1

Finally got my Traxxas E-Revo put back together last night, last ran nearly 5 years ago and has been in pieces for 4 years. Upgraded to their new 6s brushless system that went into it’s successors as well as a bunch of parts from the 2nd Gen truck.

IMG_8230.thumb.jpeg.e2ebf4e571a5003fa9bc3787d4849f76.jpegIMG_8231.thumb.jpeg.e162cf23275d0f5bd281ae4bf9ef10ca.jpeg

Then we were able to find Dad a 2nd Gen truck off eBay for half what I sent resurrecting mine and it is a BEAST with the higher voltage batteries that were included in the box!

IMG_8222.thumb.jpeg.02a3aa0797790f83126de01b1a870490.jpegIMG_8221.thumb.jpeg.7bfe56afd6220d0254db9d8ddf30fd34.jpeg

I was only running half throttle here and was afraid to try full throttle, put in training mode for Dad almost immediately.

• Like 2

Today's pleasing came by way of the click of the mouse. I purchased a kit that was on my list of wants. It's probably the rarest kit that will be in my stash. It's also a kit that probably excites only a hand full of modelers.. Hint.. I might be a little Koo Koo for buying it but I did and I'm happy as a squirrel who lives on a peanut farm.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, oldnslow said:

They finished reroofing my garage , went from shingles to 1" standing seam 26 gauge metal and no more squirrels in the garage . ☺️

and it's gonna sound right nice when it rains!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, oldnslow said:

They finished reroofing my garage , went from shingles to 1" standing seam 26 gauge metal and no more squirrels in the garage . ☺️

Excellent choice...and exactly what I'm going to do to the Az. house as soon as I'm landed there permanently.   :D

2:30 PM I slipped the leash, went for a 3.5 mile hike at my favorite close-ish spot. Got far enough from civilization to not hear any evidence of it except the occasional jet flying over, which I kinda like. 

Weather had been overcast all day, but after about 15 minutes the sun came out and brought a nice breeze with it.

I felt like the sky just grinned and said "glad you're here, and thanks for coming".

Not very fast, but not too bad, and not much pain...and I feel great now.

THEN...after slow-charging her battery and letting it sit for a few days to see if it would hold, my little PT fired up on the first twist of the key after sitting almost 6 months. Air even still blows cold. So I washed it.

Altogether a pretty good day, even though I have a slow-pay client who's never been late before.

Oh well. "The check is in the mail".   B)

• Like 2

Got my Jolly's today by helping the neighbors relative fix her dilapidated split rail fence. Ends up the guy was a retired Westminster city police officer who about 10 years ago purchased a new kitchen that was made and installed by myself and the company I retired from. Nice seeing old customers who really appreciate the work that was done. Plus he was a dang good cop! 

• Like 2

A few years ago I thought one of my R/C battery chargers and 2 of my larger LiPo batteries had died, but after Dad bought his E-Revo 2.0 it had the same charger as the one that had died. After messing around to get that to work, I decided to get that old one out and try it…….and it worked!  After that I tried the two batteries that I thought were dead and those worked too! I had intended to send them in to Traxxas for a trade in and it turns out that wasn’t needed!

• Like 1

Spent the weekend at the first car show of the season here in the north with my Hot Rod magazine Nova and had a blast! Nothing but great people and awesome stories as well as I got to meet and have dinner with Dennis Gage from my classic car! Such a great start to the car show season!!!!   

E7123B6C-5189-40B0-BD8D-CA2EE2992F9F.jpeg

• Like 2

15 hours ago, 426 pack said:

Spent the weekend at the first car show of the season here in the north with my Hot Rod magazine Nova and had a blast! Nothing but great people and awesome stories as well as I got to meet and have dinner with Dennis Gage from my classic car! Such a great start to the car show season!!!!   

More pics?

Car looks like it's coming along well. Much cleaner that the last pics you posted here!

I was finally able to set up an appointment with my mechanic for Friday to have my trusty 97 Accord's oil changed and other other routine maintenance work done. His shop was going full tilt for over the last couple of weeks. 

The Stabilitrak system warning light came on along with the check engine light and it has caused my wife to freak out. After a trip to the Auto parts store to read the stored code(s)... P0405 ~ EGR valve, I made the call and she gets dropped off tomorrow to be replaced plus give her the once over. If all goes well she'll be back home by Wednesday...🤔 the car that is.. Not the wife.. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Getting a lot done with the garage cleanout. Loaded up a ton of old paint, chemicals, car batteries from both our garage and my mother in law's garage. Filled the back of the truck. Then off to the EcoStation where they allow us to drop this stuff off for free.

This weekend, our town is holding what they call the "Treasure Hunt" where people are encouraged to place unwanted items on the curb, and then people can drive around and pickup whatever they want. It's like a free town-wide garage sale. And then on Monday, anything that's left on the curbs is picked up by the town and disposed of. So I'll be getting rid of all kinds of other stuff from the garage and the shed. 

Spring cleaning. Yee haw!

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, iamsuperdan said:

Getting a lot done with the garage cleanout. Loaded up a ton of old paint, chemicals, car batteries from both our garage and my mother in law's garage. Filled the back of the truck. Then off to the EcoStation where they allow us to drop this stuff off for free.

This weekend, our town is holding what they call the "Treasure Hunt" where people are encouraged to place unwanted items on the curb, and then people can drive around and pickup whatever they want. It's like a free town-wide garage sale. And then on Monday, anything that's left on the curbs is picked up by the town and disposed of. So I'll be getting rid of all kinds of other stuff from the garage and the shed. 

Spring cleaning. Yee haw!

Gee if you didn't live so far away I'd be willing to ride by to see if you have discarded any model kits.. 😆 all joking aside its a pretty neat idea and everyone benefits.

• Like 1