Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Pleased You Today!

James2

If you're a steak guy, you need to go to Food Lion and pick up some Ribeyes marinated in Montreal season. They come in a pack of two, and there's no blood in them, it's all marinade, so there's no need to over cook them.

I cut out pork pretty much completely, and my blood pressure reflects that..........  :)

To be really safe, ANY meat needs to go to at least 160 F INTERNALLY. 

Eating rare beef is a little risky, but it's a risk I'm willing to take...and it's the only meat or fish I eat too raw...except for the occasional sushi.

That said, the notion that pork, per se, causes high blood pressure, is one of those often repeated and mostly incorrect ideas.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/492293-does-eating-pork-cause-high-blood-pressure/

I had to go up to the VA today and finished my appointment ahead of schedule because the physical therapist wanted to see the eclipse.  I followed her outside and she let me barrow her eclipse glasses.  So I saw a crescent.  Big deal.  Sure wasn't worth waiting 100 years.

Jim !

Where's your sense of adventure at the awe and beauty of Mother Nature ?

Yeah , I thought it was a load of carp (can't type the bad word)  too , all the hoopla , the news here was on for 4 hours about the eclipse and it was cloudy and raining .

Edited by oldnslow

Maybe it's my little bit of Klingon blood that makes me like some meat at just-killed temperature, and bloody.   ;)

In a restaurant I tell the waiter that the chief should chase the cow twice around the kitchen and it will be just right.

• 3 weeks later...

Over the last several weeks, I've been hitting some kits with primer and trying to decide on color. Rather than buy new and different colors, I decided to use some cans that I've had sitting around for a couple years...

fast forward...

The weather was fantastic here today... cool, sun, no humidity.. told everyone I'd be outta pocket doing around the house, yard work, etc. But the bug hit. I decided to use the day to shoot some color on some things to build for the winter, while the weather was rattle can worthy. I ended up with 11 cars getting color coated today, 3 still in primer, and 2 have just been washed. I still have to paint all the rest of the pieces. And have to clear all the painted bodies, but that'll be awhile. Gonna try to hit the 3 primered with color tomorrow, hopefully... Girlfriend is gonna kill me when she comes over and see's I didn't do anything except get the yard mowed..lol.

Edited by KWT

Over the last several weeks, I've been hitting some kits with primer and trying to decide on color. Rather than buy new and different colors, I decided to use some cans that I've had sitting around for a couple years...

fast forward...

The weather was fantastic here today... cool, sun, no humidity.. told everyone I'd be outta pocket doing around the house, yard work, etc. But the bug hit. I decided to use the day to shoot some color on some things to build for the winter, while the weather was rattle can worthy. I ended up with 11 cars getting color coated today, 3 still in primer, and 2 have just been washed. I still have to paint all the rest of the pieces. And have to clear all the painted bodies, but that'll be awhile. Gonna try to hit the 3 primered with color tomorrow, hopefully... Girlfriend is gonna kill me when she comes over and see's I didn't do anything except get the yard mowed..lol.

It's good you got some bodies painted for winter building, and I hope to get a couple painted myself however I've been pretty busy and have to make a couple of business trips also. We'll see??? Just tell your girl friend that you saved some work for her in case she wanted to "pitch in." LOL!

It's good you got some bodies painted for winter building, and I hope to get a couple painted myself however I've been pretty busy and have to make a couple of business trips also. We'll see??? Just tell your girl friend that you saved some work for her in case she wanted to "pitch in." LOL!

I'll try it... but the yard/house work was the excuse I used to not hangout with her family today lol!

On a whim, I emailed the shop of a man who I used to know 35 years or so ago. We were  members of the same old car club and had traded several models. His son responded, saying his dad had passed and they still had several models and he offered them to me since some of them might have been built by me. How about that?