Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Pleased You Today!

James2

woods house

The area I live in is near Valley Forge and is full of colonial era buildings and ruins. This picture was taken on the main road that leads to my neighborhood. This bamboo forest went to the road edge the entire seven years I've lived here.  They just cut it back and this ancient structure appeared!  

Went to the Browns vs. Saints preseason game last night, first Browns game I've been to in about 25 years (this is my first year living in NE Ohio since 1994).   Was a fun evening, beautiful weather on Lake Erie in downtown Cleveland.   The Browns won, hopeful for a better season than last year. 

Dan, you can see the sky because all of your smoke is here! Smoke rolled in over the weekend, and despite getting rain yesterday, it's still smoky this morning. 

i'll be in Kelowna this week, mayeb it's a little clearer there.

That El Camino makes my pants tight. Beauty.

It seems I have an electronic technician job starting on the 5th.

Had to be weird though since I am involved. I was told by the agency rep that it was an electronic assembly job. I had been submitted by the agency for both assembly and technician jobs, but the tech job was a month or so ago and I had forgotten all about it. The assembly job I had just been submitted for and the rep just thought that was it.

Imagine my surprise when the guy talks about a tech job. Told him I thought I was there for assembler job, but would rather do the tech. He double checks and it is the tech job I had been submitted for a month ago. He asks me some questions and I answered well enough that he basically offered me the job right then, which he never does. I got the official offer later this afternoon from the agency rep.

I have to go do paperwork and drug testing on Monday. To think I almost blew this interview off because I was not feeling well at all.

Money is good enough that I will be able to buy the occasional kit even.

Yay me.

Russ

It seems I have an electronic technician job starting on the 5th.

Had to be weird though since I am involved. I was told by the agency rep that it was an electronic assembly job. I had been submitted by the agency for both assembly and technician jobs, but the tech job was a month or so ago and I had forgotten all about it. The assembly job I had just been submitted for and the rep just thought that was it.

Imagine my surprise when the guy talks about a tech job. Told him I thought I was there for assembler job, but would rather do the tech. He double checks and it is the tech job I had been submitted for a month ago. He asks me some questions and I answered well enough that he basically offered me the job right then, which he never does. I got the official offer later this afternoon from the agency rep.

I have to go do paperwork and drug testing on Monday. To think I almost blew this interview off because I was not feeling well at all.

Money is good enough that I will be able to buy the occasional kit even.

Yay me.

Russ

Congrats & good luck.

Went to the Browns vs. Saints preseason game last night, first Browns game I've been to in about 25 years (this is my first year living in NE Ohio since 1994).   Was a fun evening, beautiful weather on Lake Erie in downtown Cleveland.   The Browns won, hopeful for a better season than last year. 

Rob is NE Ohio home for you? I know you made the move and lots of snow up there.

A bloody-rare roast beef and sharp cheddar sammidge on rye, and a slice of key-lime pie. Simple pleasures for simple minds.

And it's OK. I walked the 2 miles to the store and back today, and I have a hiking date tomorrow. That'll be at LEAST 5 miles.  ;)

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

You'll get worms from rare beef, Bill.  We're heading out to Chili's for chips/salsa, beef enchilada's with rice & corn on the cob.  I bring my own butter for the corn.  Then we have to go shopping at Wal-Mart and Marcia said I can get a red Box movie.  John Wick 2 or King Kong?

Been eatin' kinda raw cow for a long time now, still ticking over pretty well for pushing the big seven-oh. I DO cook pork very thoroughly though. Trichinosis is a seriously nasty infestation.

If you're a steak guy, you need to go to Food Lion and pick up some Ribeyes marinated in Montreal season. They come in a pack of two, and there's no blood in them, it's all marinade, so there's no need to over cook them.

I cut out pork pretty much completely, and my blood pressure reflects that..........  :)