Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Pleased You Today!

James2

Buzz, glad to hear that your sight is better now as I've been there as well, a few years back.

Yeah, It was pretty miserable wearing the patch for about a month. Everyone asking "What happened to your eye?" I was at Costco one day, and this woman was staring at my eye patch. I finally looked at her and she says "What happened?" I told her my eye had just been removed, wanna see? She freaked out and turned around. :o

Yeah, It was pretty miserable wearing the patch for about a month. Everyone asking "What happened to your eye?" I was at Costco one day, and this woman was staring at my eye patch. I finally looked at her and she says "What happened?" I told her my eye had just been removed, wanna see? She freaked out and turned around. :o

Thats hilarious!

:lol:

Thank you. I needed that.

Charlie Larkin

I woke up this morning and thanked the Lord as each new day is a blessing. When people are younger they take a new day for granted, but when they're older and their bodies begin to wear out, they can truly see that each day above ground is a blessing. Yes even in these trouble times that we have not only in this country (USA), but around the globe.

I woke up this morning and thanked the Lord as each new day is a blessing. When people are younger they take a new day for granted, but when they're older and their bodies begin to wear out, they can truly see that each day above ground is a blessing. Yes even in these trouble times that we have not only in this country (USA), but around the globe.

You make a good point about being grateful for another day. I tend to carp and complain about rampant stupidity and things going wrong, but I ALSO try to find, every day, some specific thing to be thankful for...like the feel of the wind on my face, plenty of hot water, the color of the sky at dusk, the purr of a happy cat...all things that truly make each new day a joy for at least a moment.

I think those of us lucky enough to have been born in the USA should take the time to be thankful for that too. This country, in spite of its problems, is still one of the absolute best places to be. You are more free here to succeed and prosper (if you work hard, and there's simply more "stuff" here in general) than just about anyplace else on Earth. Most of us take that for granted as well.

There are people everywhere suffering, starving, and fearing for their lives on a daily basis...even in this country...and those of us who have the time and resources to participate in a hobby should stop for a minute and consider all of the people in the world who couldn't afford even the price of one model car.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy
  • Like 1

Going to a Welcome Home tonight. A local group decided, about 300 troops ago, to put on a Welcome Home dinner for local troops returning from deployment. It's usually a pretty crowded affair with local business owners, Veteran organizations, and citizens getting together to say thank you and Welcome Home.

Going to a Welcome Home tonight. A local group decided, about 300 troops ago, to put on a Welcome Home dinner for local troops returning from deployment. It's usually a pretty crowded affair with local business owners, Veteran organizations, and citizens getting together to say thank you and Welcome Home.

That's pretty cool Jim..! need to look into something like that in my area.

A couple months back I put a R/C truck on Layaway and payed that off today!

First new R/C I've been able to afford in a few years, last "new" one was actually mostly built from spare, used, or repurposed parts that I stuck together on a whim.

Here's the new one with another "repurposed parts" truck that some of you are already familiar with.

20140801_172155_zpsjasqtv3x.jpg

Edited by Joe Handley

Not today, but Friday night I had a great time with friends from the local Buick club chapter at a near by old fashion drive-in restaurant. It was a nice quite get together. Old Buicks (and a few lesser brands), good basic unhealthy drive-in food, and great people who seemed to be enjoying each other's company. And I'm joking about the non Buicks being lesser brands. Most in the club, like me, enjoy see anything old on four wheels. In fact, somebody on a unrelated reason (they weren't there because of us) showed up with a very nice lightly modified '68 Barracuda. Had a lot of fun talking with him about his car. Also had somebody with a '65 Chevelle SS convertible join us. And somebody came in with a mid-50's Dodge truck. There were other old cars. And a lot of people stopping with newer modern cars. Weather in our part of town that night was perfect. But, it rained less than 10 miles away from us. We were blessed and all had a great time.

Scott

my pup (5 month old great dane called LeiLani) appears to finally trust me enough to come inside when i call her, she's a quite timid little thing and for the last 6 weeks i've had to go out to the back yard and sit on the ground before she'd come up to me and allow herself to be led into the house

it was also great yesterday taking her to 'giant dog playdate' where , like the label says. only giant dogs hang out and feel free to go nuts, giant dogs are usually quite aware of their size and will behave quite differently around smaller dogs but visibly relax around other dogs of a normal size. she got to catch up with her litter mates and spent most of an hour wrestling with and chewing her brother Harley. its great to see her come out of her shell.

my pup (5 month old great dane called LeiLani) appears to finally trust me enough to come inside when i call her,......... its great to see her come out of her shell.

That's pretty cool Mark...!

My cat took 7 years to finally figure out it wouldn't kill him to sit on my lap.. :huh: now he is 10

FedEx really pleased me today, delivering my package a day before the Est delivery date

Three days from Japan to Phoenix

I had an eBay package show up in 48 hours... I paid on Paypal 11:30 am on Monday, it showed up about noon on Wednesday, California to Pennsylvania. The best on was when I ordered a camera from NJ, 24 hours... that one was funny because the seller said 8-10 days, and wanted big $$ for expedited delivery, which I wasn't paying. And then they had it here immediately anyway! Pitty the suckers who paid!