Model Cars Magazine Forum

So we finally get a Starsky and Hutch Torino, How about series of TV kits ?

@Bruce- The MASH Ambulance is a Dodge truck...leftovers from WWII. Also based on the Power Wagon of that vintage. I just saw one last week at Model Empire on the shelf. So, they actually can still be had reasonably. It also comes with figures...A doctor(Hawkeye or BJ Honeycut), Klinger, and a wounded soldier. And yes, I think it is 1/35th.

Great news to hear that we will be getting a Starsky and Hutch Torino eventually, I thought that we would have had one years ago!!

On the subject of cars we would like to see released, I remember watching a series called 'Due South' and the one character drove a green '71Buick Boattail Riviera. That one would probably sell I think. And what about any 80's four door sedan, Ford LTD, Chevrolet Caprice/Impala, Dodge St Regis/Diplomat? Most were used in police series in one form or another so a few of them would be nice.

Surprised nobody has mentioned the Coyote from Hardcastle & McCormick...now there's winner of a kit! :rolleyes: What a mess of plastic.

But, back on topic. Does anyone know if the S&H Torino is going to be a full detail kit?

http://s150.photobucket.com/user/exotics_builder/library/Revell%20Test%20Shots%2008-2014

From Revell 4th quarter thread per Exotics Builder

Coyote used most suspension parts from Ford GT40 Mk IV kit, lame tub/body. Better to have 427 and nice chassis gearbox than a fiberglass lump true to 1:1 in that case.

Edited by keyser

"My sister and I get each other prank presents. One year she gave me a pair of Barbie size man dolls that she got at the Dollar Store. One was white, the other black... but they had faces like mean felons. Little kids would be afraid of these dolls. We couldn't stop laughing. Figure that this was some Chinese designer's idea of what Americans looked like."

Sounds hilarious - my friends and I enjoy browsing places like that for the misfit toys! C'mon - pictures, man!!

"My sister and I get each other prank presents. One year she gave me a pair of Barbie size man dolls that she got at the Dollar Store. One was white, the other black... but they had faces like mean felons. Little kids would be afraid of these dolls. We couldn't stop laughing. Figure that this was some Chinese designer's idea of what Americans looked like."

Sounds hilarious - my friends and I enjoy browsing places like that for the misfit toys! C'mon - pictures, man!!

Sorry to say these are long gone. Otherwise I would've included photos.... they'd make good Barbie community mug shots!

I would love to see some models of the cars the guys drive on british top gear greatest show ever

Its popular all over the world, had been filmed in my local city for some parts.

Anyway whats that about the Revell Crown Vic snap tite? seems a total waste of time, esp as the Lindberg is still around

a 74 Monaco like seen on CHiPs etc would be nice

The Winchester boys Chevy would be nice.

+10 on this! Dean Winchester's 1967 Impala from Supernatural would be killer. Just make sure it's 4 door, has the correct wheels, and a false trunk full of weapons!

Also, I'd like to see Jon Voight's LeBaron from Seinfelt, complete with teeth marks. Or maybe Krammer's Caprice with the... ahem..."buttman" license plate on it. Lol.

See ya at the finish line,

Jeff

In an old episode of "Secret Agent" with Patrick McGoohan he was being driven in an early 50s SAAB 92. I would love a kit of that. I expect the silence to be deafening regarding that wish!

I'd buy one just because it's weird. I like the 96s, too, I'd love to see a 96 wagon.

Charlie Larkin

Great news to hear that we will be getting a Starsky and Hutch Torino eventually, I thought that we would have had one years ago!!

On the subject of cars we would like to see released, I remember watching a series called 'Due South' and the one character drove a green '71Buick Boattail Riviera. That one would probably sell I think. And what about any 80's four door sedan, Ford LTD, Chevrolet Caprice/Impala, Dodge St Regis/Diplomat? Most were used in police series in one form or another so a few of them would be nice.

All of the above.

And I'd like a P1800, too. Beautiful car.

Charlie Larkin

Heres my list of cars:

Bullit mustang "elanor", and Charger

JOE DIRTS so called "Hemi" (it is a hemi but its a roadrunner) and his daytona

American Graffitis pretty much all of the goodies!

Snake and Mongoose haulers and cars

and pretty much all the cars in the movie "Winged Warriors" coming out! Nascar 'Bird and Daytona time!

If anyone remembers a show called "Ironside" with Raymond Burr, he was in a wheelchair & had an old '40's paddy wagon set up for him to travel around in. I don't recall the make but it was pretty cool. If we're talking movie cars; "Jeepers Creepers" '41 (?) chevy cabover straight truck or "The Car" custom Lincoln Continental by Barris.

Edited by Old Nasty