Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/25 Revell Ford Del Rio Ranch Wagon 2'n'1

Matt T.

here is the pic of the box cover for this kit looks nice can't wait till we get this one!!! for some reason it showed a red x darn computer click on the box and it took me to the pic sorry guys try that and see if works for you. Here is the pic finally .

Well don't hold your breath for a March release date for this 57 Ford Del reo I just looked at tower hobbies which belongs to Revell that the release date is now for July of this year. so we will have to waite a few months longer for the kit to come out and it will be a 2 in 1 kit the other version is the police wagon also the pic I seen there had two models on the box cover and it will from the car show series if I remember right.I just checked the tower hobbies site and it is now a late june release date not July .

Tower Hobbies is the retail arm of Hobbico which owns Revell.

makes sense to me

Maybe this indicates the "Special Edition" sub-labeling of kits is officially dead? That'd be fine by me, as Revell, Inc. has been rather scatterbrained when it comes to branding their kits over the last few years. Now we have the '57 Del Ray in Monogram packaging and the previous '57 300 Sedan in Revell packaging. :huh:

57fjs-vi.jpg

How very strange.

Comes down to it, from both a product and management standpoint, Revell has essentially been Monogram in 1/25 since the late '80s. But even though the distinctions started getting fuzzy when Monogram released that '59 Caddy in 1/25, I can't see any rhyme or reason to a Del Rio suddenly in Monogram packaging with a Special Edition photo scheme.

Don't know if Special Ed is quite to pasture just yet - the A has been listed as such in the second quarter flyer.

I'd love to see a 4-door. But, I'd want it to be a Custom 300, rather than the plain Custom the 2-door is.

Scott

I presume you are talking about the saloon not the wagon. In this case you may use the Modelhaus Custom 300 2DR Sedan. Conversion of the Revell Custom kit to 4 DR is available here:

http://www.madmodeling.com/store/ccp0-prodshow/57fordcustom.html

I presume you are talking about the saloon not the wagon. In this case you may use the Modelhaus Custom 300 2DR Sedan. Conversion of the Revell Custom kit to 4 DR is available here:http://www.madmodeling.com/store/ccp0-prodshow/57fordcustom.html

You are correct. I was talking about the saloon/sedan in this case.

Scott

here is the pic of the box cover for this kit looks nice can't wait till we get this one!!! for some reason it showed a red x darn computer click on the box and it took me to the pic sorry guys try that and see if works for you. Here is the pic finally .

attachicon.giflrmxs4193.jpg

Spot the little mistake on the green and white wagon... ;)

Spot the little mistake on the green and white wagon... ;)

Yeah. The "F-O-R-D" letters on the front end are shown below the crease instead of above the crease where the 1:1 and the Revell sedan had them.

Hopefully, it's just a box art faux pas.

Edited by Danno

And unless I'm imagining it, on the black police wagon it appears as though it's back up top where it belongs. Possibly a decal that got misplaced? As I've heard that on occasion the cars supplied for builders to make for box art don't always come with an instruction sheet.

Again, another one I will not buy because I just do not want to fix the flaws it shares with the sedan. Sticking with resin for now

What flaws are those? My sedan looks right on. What little I've seen so far, the wagon looks like it will be good too. What am I missing here?

Scott

What flaws are those? My sedan looks right on. What little I've seen so far, the wagon looks like it will be good too. What am I missing here?

Scott

Yea...This was actually one of the recent Revell kits that didn't have any issues for once.

Yea...This was actually one of the recent Revell kits that didn't have any issues for once.

Those sedan bumper guards are gonna punch some nasty dents in the tailgates.....the rest of the 57 looks great!

The rear bumper should be re-done, or at least have the guards removed for the Ranch Wagon, as Mike pointed out.

Revell stated at the IHOBBY interview that the bumper guards would not be there on the released model. That was back in early October.

What?? We are getting gypped out of a pair of bumper guards? That kit price needs to be adjusted downward to reflect the loss of these two parts! We need to stand up for our rights!

(the usual really silly rant that follows an announcement of any type! :lol: )

What?? We are getting gypped out of a pair of bumper guards? That kit price needs to be adjusted downward to reflect the loss of these two parts! We need to stand up for our rights!

(the usual really silly rant that follows an announcement of any type! :lol: )

OMG !!!!! OMG !!!!!! What if we WANT the incorrect bumper guards so that anyone who looks at our finished model will immediately know we're NOT RIVET COUNTERS??? OMG !!!!!