Model Cars Magazine Forum

My first WIP here; '70 Dodge Challenger T/A, Parts

Roadrunner

• 6 years later...

The paint looks great!

I've been going back and rescuing my old threads from the PhotoBucket Monster, I only have a few left to do.  It's a pain but It also gives me the opportunity to reedit and improve the quality and appearance of the photos.

David G.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Roadrunner said:

It seems that all of my photos have now disappeared (thanks a bunch, Photobucket), so I intend to repopulate this thread when I resume work on this baby, whenever that may be.

YESSSS!!! Looking very much forward to that Kevin. Good to see you. Man I've gotta hop back over to LSP. I've only been able to keep up with one or two forums these days.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mustang1989 said:

YESSSS!!! Looking very much forward to that Kevin. Good to see you. Man I've gotta hop back over to LSP. I've only been able to keep up with one or two forums these days.

Thanks a bunch, Joe. I had need to revisit the site (I've not been here for quite some time), as one of the mods on LSP was having difficulty getting his verification to join here. A quick chat with one of the admins here, handily solved the problem for him.

• 1 year later...

After 9 years (hard to believe, really), it’s finally time to wrap this one up. Many of the detail parts I’d already prepped, have long since gone missing. I do have replacement kits though, so no worries there. First off is the hood. Transitioning smoothly from the hood to the intake, will be my biggest challenge here no doubt.  

DSCN1208.JPG

One issue I face now, is the need to clear coat the body again. At the time, I thought I’d done a great job of polishing it out, but I really hadn’t done that great at all. The biggest issue with this is that the T/A stripes will now be glossy instead of semi-gloss, like they should be. Masking over the decal to spray semi-gloss is not something I’m willing to do at all. Thoughts?

sparkles 006.jpg

Today I looked through this entire article, and now I'm so glad that I did. I cannot clear coat this model, as I used the Novus 1,2,3 system. Novus #2 contains silicone, so additional paint is an absolute no-no. I also discovered that I'd sprayed at least three clear coats, so further polishing seemed very doable. Keeping this in mind, a little toothpaste, followed by some Mequiar's (which is drying up), yielded wonderful results, at least results that I can now live with.

Before:

DSCN1210.JPG

After:

DSCN1220.JPG

Edited by Roadrunner
  • Like 3