Model Cars Magazine Forum

What's Everyone Profession,etc..job,

stanleymsn

I went to college for a graphics arts degree. That led me to spend the next ten years as an architect designing residential homes. From there I sepnt the next five years working in the engineering dept. of a firm that designed and created air bag systems for all major auto makers.

At the same time that all of these careers were happening I did a lot of side work at running the security staffs at quite a few nightclubs in the Daytona Beach area. To simplify that.....I was a bouncer!

For the last eleven years I have been a Criminal Investigator for a major retailer, which means that I get to travel around the state of Florida and investigate and interview employees for potential dishonesty.

I graduated college in 1983 and went to work for a minor league baseball team. I bounced around a couple places doing this (Marketing/promotions) and then settled into a retail career. I hated retail but was in it until 1999 when I went back to school. I am now a biomedical equipment tech. I fix, repair, maintain, manage etc all of the clinical equipment in a hospital. I love the job and look forward to work every day. You never know what to expect. Might be a day full of broken thermometers and torn blood pressure cuffs, or you may spend 4 hours in a operating room monitoring surgical equipment during any number or types of surgery.

eddie van halen "frankenstrat" done in black, white and blue for a local client (before clear)

mikesguitar2.jpg

That is killer! I don't think I have ever seen a blue take on Eddie's 'Frankenstrat' scheme. I also dig the flame job on the microphone. I have a 1990 Peavey Tracer II that needs a new finish, now I know who to contact. :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Albert

That is killer! I don't think I have ever seen a blue take on Eddie's 'Frankenstrat' scheme. I also dig the flame job on the microphone. I have a 1990 Peavey Tracer II that needs a new finish, now I know who to contact. :lol:

Cheers,

Albert

i was going to do the traditional and go with red, but i wasn't sure of the exact red, so the owner decided on blue. shortly after finishing it and returning it to him, i saw a clip from a more recent van halen concert and noticed that wolfgang van halen was playing a frankenstrat bass that was done in blue. i still have to get some pics of the guitar after it was cleared and reassembled.

feel free to contact me when you're ready to re-do your peavey.

• 5 years later...

Went to Shawnee State University, originally to get a Bachelor's in EM engineering.  Partway through, I switched majors and went to an Associate's in CADD.  Ended up running out of money before I could finish the degree.  I bounced through some retail jobs when I was younger, landed as a repair tech in an office supply store in Portsmouth.  Went from there into PC tech for a retail computer chain as end-user support, then worked 14 years as store support for a retail big-box chain.  And now I'm in IT for a phone carrier.  I love my new job!  :)

Building this for the last year and a half...'47 Caddy convert, LS-1, 4L80-E, custom Ford 9" rear with 11" brakes, GM G-body front frame clip, lowered about 3" all around, dual-piston front calipers on 12" vented rotors, leather seats and console from a '14 Caddy, massive VintageAir system, nav-HD-radio-pod dock-CD-etc, power everything, HID and LED lighting. Dash, console and door-caps will be woodgrained. Color...candy apple red over a gold base.

AUG%2012%202015%20088_zpsvusfbeuh.jpg

AUG%2012%202015%20184_zpscipls3aq.jpg

August%2030%202015%20033_zpsmjmtebtq.jpg

Edited by Ace-Garageguy